Fretkillr Exposed

Hooday

• Members

I'm not sure that he reads this thread but if he does, he must get a real laugh out of everybody's desire to find out who he is. IMO he is a very talented artist and brings his unique and individualised stamp to the cover songs he does. It makes me wonder if he has any music of his own that he could share . That would be very interesting to hear. What I wonder is, with all the accolades he recieves why would he not want to be recognized? If I was that good I would desire some recognition. Also, he is so entertaining he could probably make some serious scratch selling even covers. Then again he may not be in need of either. It kind of reminds me of the unknown comic!LOL

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

b. The guitar in Carolina is a Zager. I recognized the taller round fretwork and the position of the forward strap button is where Zager is telling people to put it. (This is an observation and not a plug as I had issues with playing on them)

I'm pretty sure that is a Taylor dread, likely a 110.

John Pearse

The voice and playing styles are eerily similar.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I am going to go with White male, 57, no disfigurations. maybe a daughter that graduated in communications and has produced videos in Israel and USA. She is very capable of making her father sound better than he really is with electronics but would disagree that her father is less than par. Maybe a second daughter at the University od Stoneybrook with a web page in Manhatten. maybe they love their fathers admiration of Bob Dylan and a comment Bob made to a cocky news reporter in the 60s who ask Bob how singers today are protest singer and Bob said without thinking, '134'. i predict that Fret loves this answer to stupid questions to the point of only allowing his daughter to record and post 134 songs before it stops and then fading away to obscurity again because even though we think he is a professional never had the self image that he was professional. that is all I have to say except that it is more awesome to set around with friends and play good than to try to make it professionally and always be perfect.:blah::blah::blah:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

You know: Mick Zager, With the Rolling Stones. Oh no, Zager. The guy that had one hit in the 60's and now improves the sound of indonisian made acoutics.. That Zager..... his pitch is bullsh*t. Stay away.

Oh No!!! Somebody said the Z-Word !!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Members

all i know is fretkiller is a great musician.he looks to be caucasian,late 40's to mid 50's,familiar with the buisness.i think one of those guitars is a yamaha tiny lil fret markers like an upper end fg series.either way i read all the responses and there alot of people out there with great talent that either atained some sucess and are out of the biz now,or just plain dont want fame and all the hassle.theres an old guy that lives here in town that plays very similar style and is about equal in talent,he played the 60's and 70's all over the world with everyone from crystal gale to hank williams jr,i mean everyone,but after 25 years on the road he hung it up,doesnt even like to jam anymore,just plays his guitar by himself and is fine with it.everyones want are different,maybe fretkeiller is cool with just having some fun posting some you tubers and doesnt want anything more than that.

i know im new to this corner of HC but it seems like an attempt to expose him wouldnt be very cool,if he wanted us to know who he is he'd have vids of his face and name.im just happy to see that kind of talent.again just my $ .02,cheers

• Members

I think this clip fills in a lot missing pieces with this guy.

Apparently, this guy has been a pro, and maybe still is, but has seen enough of the biz to know what's really up wit dat.

That tune is from Going My Way and sung by Bing Crosby, I can't remember the name. Catch a moonbeam in jar, or would you rather be a mule are 2 of the most repeated lines I can remember.

If he played once a week at a local watering hole during the week, I'd get out to see him once or twice a month, because he is entertaining and plays music that I would sit and listen to. That for me is all that matters.

• Members

YOU GUYS NEED TO DUST YOU BROOMS, OR YOUR GUITARS OR SOMETHING.....

Everyone who likes the killr, just plain loves music, Good music is music that you can tap your toes to and that is what fretkillr is playing. OK, now everyone can go back to their metronome. Did I spell that right?

ok.....:thu:

• Members

to wish to remain anonymous with that kind of talent must mean he is already wealthy or at least well off. somebody go comb the high rise office buildings of New York, looking for an elderly man in a suit with callouses on his fingers. :thu:

all joking aside, the bastards got amazing talent.

• Members

I'm not actually a guitarist - I only browse these boards every now and then when it's late at night and I'm bored, but this time I gotta respond. I'm a clarinetist that's in my last semester of a degree in music performance, so I'd like to believe I have a good ear for music that's done well. Fretkillr's tempos and styles are consistent; his pitch is nearly always exactly right; I hear little to no noise other than the music. I see no realistic basis for complaining about him other than whining that he doesn't post original music, which is ridiculous. If a clarinetist posted this kind of work with etudes and other repertoire, I might not be incredibly interested, true; but as a non-guitarist who loves music, I can't get enough of the guy. I can see why someone might be bored listening if they've played these songs or heard them dozens of times, but really, why hate all over him or call him inferior?

Things fretkillr has done:

- post clean, pleasant versions of songs in many different genres, styles and time periods

- post perfunctory information about these songs that listeners may find enjoyable

things fretkillr has not done:

- claim he is anything special

- made money off of his channel, or even attempted to

things some of you are acting like he's done:

- run over your dog with a lawnmower.

I somehow doubt the people bashing him have contributed even one single second of enjoyment to my life, musical or otherwise. Fretkillr has so far provided a few hours. If it's so easy, then why don't you do it and give me another few hours of listening pleasure? If you're as good as fretkillr, I'll buy your CD in a heartbeat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm not actually a guitarist - I only browse these boards every now and then when it's late at night and I'm bored, but this time I gotta respond. I'm a clarinetist that's in my last semester of a degree in music performance, so I'd like to believe I have a good ear for music that's done well. Fretkillr's tempos and styles are consistent; his pitch is nearly always exactly right; I hear little to no noise other than the music. I see no realistic basis for complaining about him other than whining that he doesn't post original music, which is ridiculous. If a clarinetist posted this kind of work with etudes and other repertoire, I might not be incredibly interested, true; but as a non-guitarist who loves music, I can't get enough of the guy. I can see why someone might be bored listening if they've played these songs or heard them dozens of times, but really, why hate all over him or call him inferior?

Things fretkillr has done:

- post clean, pleasant versions of songs in many different genres, styles and time periods

- post perfunctory information about these songs that listeners may find enjoyable

things fretkillr has not done:

- claim he is anything special

- made money off of his channel, or even attempted to

things some of you are acting like he's done:

- run over your dog with a lawnmower.

I somehow doubt the people bashing him have contributed even one single second of enjoyment to my life, musical or otherwise. Fretkillr has so far provided a few hours. If it's so easy, then why don't you do it and give me another few hours of listening pleasure? If you're as good as fretkillr, I'll buy your CD in a heartbeat.

Very well said, I totally agree :thu:

Archived