How do you prove commercial use rights for you own Music?

g6120

• Members

I have a YouTube channel devoted to 100% original music. A lot of the songs are copyrighted. YouTube had been pushing the "Monetization" of my videos and I figured it couldn't hurt and might mean more exposure. So I submitted them for "monetization" Well now YouTube is disabling them from "monetization saying I have to prove commercial use rights? How do you prove that?

• Members

I have a YouTube channel devoted to 100% original music. A lot of the songs are copyrighted. YouTube had been pushing the "Monetization" of my videos and I figured it couldn't hurt and might mean more exposure. So I submitted them for "monetization" Well now YouTube is disabling them from "monetization saying I have to prove commercial use rights? How do you prove that?

Good question. Usually in publishing contracts there's a clause something like this : "Composer Hereby warrants that the musical composition is solely and exclusively his original work and holds the publisher harmless from other claims, suits, actions, etc..." I imagine there's a similar agreement with YouTube. Maybe a box you forgot to check off when agreeing to their terms. Other than that, I have no idea.

John:cool:

Archived