• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

^^^^^^^

wot he sez and quoted wrong himself

And he learned to edit posts...

... Aww Dude, you've shot im in the dick!

WWaaaaaaaa, wwaaaaaaaaaa, Mommy, Mike's picking on me. Waaaaaaaaa, waaaaaaaa, Mommy, come help me, Mike's being mean to me. WWaaaaaaaa, waaaaaaaaaa!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry: Neal, you're such a toddler!!!!!!! That booze'll get ya!

energizer-bunny.jpg

• Members

Ettienne, and all the guys on this thread:

I must apologize to all of you for taking a stand against Neal on your thread. I figured that if he were confronted, he would go away, but it is evident now that he is nothing but a troll; a sociopath who gets a great deal of pleasure from his disruptive and condescending behaviors. I really don't think you're going to get rid of him until this thread ends. For some reason, he seems to have a deep resentment for you, Ettienne, and I wouldn't be surprised if he follows you around for awhile. God only knows where the resentment came from, but for him it seems to be very real. People like him are usually very lonely, most have nothing really going in their lives to speak of, and like to play the 'big man' in order to feel better about themselves. Pissing people off is his goal, he gets a charge out of intimidating people and causing negative feelings. By the way, Katopp, that last one was aimed at him, not at you.

Guys, I really want to thank you for this thread. It is very informative, and it has opened my eyes to a whole new world of guitars. For what it's worth, I believe that these guitars represent a great bang for the buck, and would be a safe investment for anyone. I'm tempted to buy one myself, I'm just trying to decide what I want.

I have just put Neal on my 'ignore list' and I would suggest you all do the same. It might be quieter for you. :thu:

• Members

Ettienne, and all the guys on this thread:

I must apologize to all of you for taking a stand against Neal on your thread. I figured that if he were confronted, he would go away, but it is evident now that he is nothing but a troll; a sociopath who gets a great deal of pleasure from his disruptive and condescending behaviors. I really don't think you're going to get rid of him until this thread ends. For some reason, he seems to have a deep resentment for you, Ettienne, and I wouldn't be surprised if he follows you around for awhile. God only knows where the resentment came from, but for him it seems to be very real. People like him are usually very lonely, most have nothing really going in their lives to speak of, and like to play the 'big man' in order to feel better about themselves. Pissing people off is his goal, he gets a charge out of intimidating people and causing negative feelings. By the way, Katopp, that last one was aimed at him, not at you.

Guys, I really want to thank you for this thread. It is very informative, and it has opened my eyes to a whole new world of guitars. For what it's worth, I believe that these guitars represent a great bang for the buck, and would be a safe investment for anyone. I'm tempted to buy one myself, I'm just trying to decide what I want.

I have just put Neal on my 'ignore list' and I would suggest you all do the same. It might be quieter for you.
:thu:

Etty, I would like to thank you, too, for this thread. I'd like to apologize for Mikey (Gull) here, he's quite the... interesting individual. It's apparent that humor and irony are far beyond him. I'd like to leave you with this, until I'm called for again, as I know, aside from our differences and disagreements, a few hardier, intelligent members will understand...

ilyushin_il76_candid.jpg

• Members

This is all in fun. I'm not worried about it. I've egged him on a little.

It's not a big deal for me.

But I was apparently right about that comparison I made to the Water Bomber guy.

Almost absolutely right, Etty!

It HAS been fun, a few have taken it seriously, including me about 10 pages back, and that Mikey(Gull12) fella, well, I still say no humor in that boy, but what the heck, we all breathe the same air, live and let live and all that.

And just for you, my expatriate friend-

ilyushin_il76_candid.jpg

..not sure what the other guy that posted it was getting at, but it seems appropriate.

• Members

By the way, Katopp, that last one was aimed at him, not at you.

I have just put Neal on my 'ignore list' and I would suggest you all do the same. It might be quieter for you.
:thu:

I know ho it was aimed at, mate. No bother.

And I've took the plunge already. I have Mr.Binh make my missing piece. It's going to be a spruce/maple dread with my initials on the headstock. I don't fear for it, because it's a wet coutry this Ireland.

If it would be drier, a small case humidifier would be the thing to go for other places.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Sorry. No EBay shop. You can email him if you want.

binhguitar@yahoo.com

Here's how the Grey Goose sounds, if you're interested.

GREY GOOSE CLIP

Finger picking on the Goose was superb sounding, rings like a bell, very chimey with subtle harmonics going on while being very balanced sounding at the same time. Love it. Love this thread.

• 7 months later...
  • Members

Hello, my name is Katana. I have read this particular thread for quite some time, and am very impressed by the factory tour and guitars shown in the pics. I am not the type to really participate in forum discussions, and I don't want to get involved in any debates or rivalries, but I am very, very interested in business matters and possibly placing an order for a custom-made guitar from a respected luthier in Vietnam, since I am of a Vietnamese background, play the guitar and would like to own one in honour of my heritage. Just so happens to be that this thread and Mr Binh has caught my attention. Just would like to ask some questions, and if anybody here can help answer them for me...

1 - I would like to have a specific type of guitar made, along with design, woods used, and neck-profile. What are the capabilities of the business?

2 - There are some kinds of designs inlay-work I would like done on the headstock, fretboard and bridge. If I sent pics of the designs can they accurately recreate them?

3 - And do I have to send via fax or email designs/sketches of the guitar in general? If I need to ask more queries consistently, what would the best method be?

4 - Do they ship the guitar to Australia? Or is it better to have it picked up?

5 - What kind of currency would they accept and how would payment be made?

Well, those are all the important ones I can think of right now, but probably have more questions later. Any reply would be greatly appreciated. Hope you don't mind going easy on a newbie like me, just trying to enjoy my guitar-owning passion. Thanks.

Katana

• Members

Hello, my name is Katana. I have read this particular thread for quite some time, and am very impressed by the factory tour and guitars shown in the pics. I am not the type to really participate in forum discussions, and I don't want to get involved in any debates or rivalries, but I am very, very interested in business matters and possibly placing an order for a custom-made guitar from a respected luthier in Vietnam, since I am of a Vietnamese background, play the guitar and would like to own one in honour of my heritage. Just so happens to be that this thread and Mr Binh has caught my attention. Just would like to ask some questions, and if anybody here can help answer them for me...

1 - I would like to have a specific type of guitar made, along with design, woods used, and neck-profile. What are the capabilities of the business?

2 - There are some kinds of designs inlay-work I would like done on the headstock, fretboard and bridge. If I sent pics of the designs can they accurately recreate them?

3 - And do I have to send via fax or email designs/sketches of the guitar in general? If I need to ask more queries consistently, what would the best method be?

4 - Do they ship the guitar to Australia? Or is it better to have it picked up?

5 - What kind of currency would they accept and how would payment be made?

Well, those are all the important ones I can think of right now, but probably have more questions later. Any reply would be greatly appreciated. Hope you don't mind going easy on a newbie like me, just trying to enjoy my guitar-owning passion. Thanks.

Katana

Yeah they ship to Oz. In fact, there is an Aussie buyer who buys a lot of these

and sells them down there. I've met him.

You can PM Katopp or myself for Binh's email address.

And it's all right w/me if you close the thread. I guess Binh has some new equipment in the factory. I need to make another tour, I guess.

I'll wait until I get my Nikon D80 over here. I'll post videos & pics.

I do have some video reviews though. And that reminds me -- Katopp --

where are your video reviews?

Make some. I'd like to post them.

The Youtube user channel = vietnamguitars look it up on Youtube.

• Members

Ok, Can do some reviews.

BUT it will take me a few days.

Currently I'm on the job hunt again. My manager is being called back to the mothership in TX, my manager's manager explicitly told the two silverbacks (my best buddy in the company and myself) that we were not even worth his time for an interview by hiring a 33 old dimwit from outside with no knowledge of the industry, no knowledge about the products, no knowledge about operations and no reputation and respect on the shop floor or in our team.

This insult was then paired by the opening that almost all of the investments for CEUR are now centralized in Amsterdam, which leaves us here on Craggy Island high and dry. I expect the ops here to be wound down and finished by the end of the year - others are more optimistic - but I don't want to be the leftover one, who then has to switch off the lights.

So, I'm currently interviewing and com next manager meeting there will be some hard questions to be answered and actions to be taken the same day - and better to my satisfaction - or my notice will be handed in.

• Members

no need to, I dealt with this in the referred-to other tread, where I EXPLICITLY WARNED THE OP that humidity control is needed. But then, the OP is in Brisbane, I do believe he needs a DEhumidifier more than an humidifier...

• Members
A gentle reminder ... If you're not actually in the tropical or subtropical parts of OZ, but more outback'ish or in the drier parts, or in the *really* dry parts, you should take care of proper humidification. Ireland is a very wet place to be, so I do not have humidity issues, but .... Honestly, I do not want to know, how well his guitars, as good as they are, would deal with really dry conditions.

• Members

I'm in a trollin' mood today. :D

...But it goes to figure, that if an instrument is built in 80-90% humidity and moves to oh, let's say New Mexico, it will fall apart very soon if it's not humidified to the extreme...

Playin' one of Binh's guitars in Arizona is kinda like disarming land mines. Ya never know what will happen. :eek:

• Members

I'm in a trollin' mood today.
:D

Playin' one of Binh's guitars in Arizona is kinda like disarming land mines. Ya never know what will happen.
:eek:

I beg to differ.

Playing should be no issue. All that needs to be done is a sponge/baggie humidifier in the case and put it into the case when not playing. But, let's be honest, that should be general best practice for any custom-build guitar, because those customs are indeed not as overbuilt as most factory guitars.