Tom Mates

FrankSFC

• Members

sometimes a fantastic luthier repair person is better than seeking out the original builder ( thou he may be a fantastic Luthier repair person - Im not sure ? ) some builders are not as good at repairs as they are at building , some just like to take stuff apart and fix it ( which their the best at ) while others are better at building - a few are good at both -

• 2 years later...
  • Members

If you are still trying to locate Tom Mates, I can tell you he is still alive and kicking and working his magic from his workshop in London. He is still one of the best repairmen and set up people I know and does all of the set-ups on my old Martins as well as his guitars. He is a very private and reclusive individual which probably explains why he is so difficult to locate. If you need to contact him please e-mail me at sandra.collyer@orange.fr

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

LOL! No, not dead, just not prolific poster. Very much older and a touch arthritic you can have on me!

Andy, dark stained Ash Strat body, SG profile maple neck with Ebony board, graphite nut and Tele headstock, no skunk stripe, EMG 81 humbucker at bridge with tone switch plus two others single coil blanks (since replaced with EMG pickups), vintage trem down only strong spring, Gold hardware, Mother of pearl inlays with my name at the twelfth fret. Got it serviced last year for first time since November 1987 in Ealing!!, needed a quarter turn on the truss rod, that is all. Still got one of the Ealing Guitar Workshop pleccies! Currently straight into a Blackstar HT1R, best on a Valvestate 50 which I borrow.

Simes

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

Archived