are "jay turser" guitars any good

CyanJaguar

• Members

CJ,

I bought a JT strat on Ebay from a dealer in Indiana, I think that's where he was. Anyway, great price and he did a complete set up prior to shipping. Played great right out of the box. He only sells brand new and was very responsive and helpful prior to the sale. He even called me to make sure everything was cool after I received it. Here is his Ebay store, let me know if the link doesn't work and I'll get you the contact info. He's worth looking into.

Jim Reiske

Hope this helps.

dp

• Members
  • Members

well,

the shop wants to sell it for $450. Hardly cheap so I am just going to suck it up till I can afford a nice les paul with real nice pickups.

Darn! I want a nice guitar. I think its what is lacking right now in my chain

thanks all for the replies

• Members

Originally posted by CyanJaguar

well,

the shop wants to sell it for $450. Hardly cheap so I am just going to suck it up till I can afford a nice les paul with real nice pickups.

Darn! I want a nice guitar. I think its what is lacking right now in my chain

thanks all for the replies

The "Buy It Now" price for the JT-200 over on EBay is $233...

Quite a price difference from the $450 the shop is asking...

• Members

I have a Jay Turser LP200C (set neck, dot inlays) listed in the spam thread that is all but brand new for $150 + shipping. It's a nice guitar but since I got it I also bought an Agile 2800 and got a Gretsch Pro-Jet as a gift from my wife. I have the Les Paul thing pretty well covered with those 2 so the Turser needs a home where it will get played.

• Members

Cyan - I would expect the Turser to be of similar quality to the SX LPs at Rondo. Those ain't bad little guitars at all, and well under $200.

I gig with SX SJMs, and have no complaints, although it is a different monster from the LP. I bought an SX goldtop, which was a solid, decent sounding guitar, but sent it back because I just can't bond with LPs.

I once owned a Turser Colonel (White Falcon style hollowbody), which was a decent looking and playable guitar, though probably not quite as nice as the entry level ArtCores Ibanez puts out.

Take the online prices to your local shop, and see if he'll come down to a rasonable asking price for you, if you like that one. If not, many online dealers have a very fair time to check out and return if necessary. Rondo is great about that, and so many people say so that I'd have to say it's the best bet, almost risk free.

Nevermind's offer above is worth checking into, as well.

Good luck.

• Members

Stay away from the b grade Tursers. Some ebay asses sell them as New Quality. Its the luck of the draw with JTs. I like the one piece maple neck strats, although I have modded all of mine. I beat the {censored} out of em and they hold up well.

Archived