• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TOKAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Agile 3000 and up series are good.

Some Fenders are now MIK and not bad.

Schecter, LTD, some Epi's.

The Michael Kelly's aren't bad at all. Not a big fan of the pickups but really not a fan of most lower cost pickups anyways...lol.

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

TOKAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the Tokais made in Korea are pretty horrible, with cheap materials and all. Canada/USA gets the better ones though, although at least the PRS copies are sold under many brand names (check Indie Guitars for example - exactly the same body).

I like some of the less known models and smaller brands. Deans are very nice, Cort has some very nice models (and cheap crap too..), Fenix LP copies (depending on the model/age) are great and I've got a Morgan strat that seems to just get better every year. Korean Yamahas are pretty nice and so are the ones from Taiwan. Korean/Chinese Epiphones vary quite a bit so try before you buy. Don't care for most Korean Ibanez and ESP/LTD models.

Over half of my guitars are made in Korea. Currently yearning for Japanese guitars mostly but could see myself getting something like a Dean Hardtail Select.

Here are my Korean beauties:

Fenix Les Paul Custom

fenix_les_paul_custom-01.jpg

Dean EVO DN76 doubleneck

dean_evo_dn76-02.jpg

Morgan ST-280 Stratocaster

morgan_stratocaster-02.jpg

Cort Artisan A5 bass

cort_artisan-01.jpg

• Members

My Yamaha Pacifica 412V was made in Korea. Best axe I ever played. Now appearing with EMG's.

Edit: I think maybe I need black knobs and switch tip. What do you guys think?

IM000373.jpg

• Members

the lite ash strat i picked up lst year puts alot of the MIA strats ive had in the past to shame as far as construction/feel/sound. it resonates so well, which doesnt always translate to sustain when plugged in - but in this case it does.

i have always wanted that smooth feel in my strats, and ive owned many. i started playing back in 87 and my 2nd guitar was a strat, and most since then.

i wont go into all the detail (because i could go on and on) but its my soul-mate thats for sure. i saved up $1500 last year and thought id come home with another MIA deluxe (i favor those usually) but after 3 days searching all the local stores i decided to pick up the lite ash before leaving with a deluxe i *almost* settled on, and it was apperant right away that it was coming home!

• Members

Originally posted by VanR

My Yamaha Pacifica 412V was made in Korea. Best axe I ever played. Now appearing with EMG's.

Edit: I think maybe I need black knobs and switch tip. What do you guys think?

IM000373.jpg

Yep need black knobs now IMO how are the pickups?

• Members

Originally posted by rlee111

Yep need black knobs now IMO how are the pickups?

The pickups sound great rlee. I love EMG's anyway. I have them on all my Strats. Only problem is they came with a bad volume pot. This is the second time this has happened to me. I bought a new 25K pot a few days ago at a local music store and I'm gonna install it tonight. EMG must have had a run of bad pots because the last 2 sets I have bought have had a bad pot in it.

• Members

Originally posted by VanR

The pickups sound great rlee. I love EMG's anyway. I have them on all my Strats. Only problem is they came with a bad volume pot. This is the second time this has happened to me. I bought a new 25K pot a few days ago at a local music store and I'm gonna install it tonight. EMG must have had a run of bad pots because the last 2 sets I have bought have had a bad pot in it.

Chrome or silver knobs would look good too.

• Members

Originally posted by OldFenderGuy

Korea is becoming a leading manufacturer of guitars, and many of them are excellent quality.

Tokai, Parker, Martin, Cort, Fender, PRS, Agile, Michael Kelly, Epiphone, Ibanez just to name a very few.

But who manufactures guitars in korea for these companys?

• Members

Some faves from my personal collection

MM11.jpg

OLP MM1. Musicman Axis copy with the best sounding budget pickups ive heard. Great build quality and a great rock guitar. Lightweight body and a beautiful fast unfinished neck with some big ass frets make for a great guitar for the price

Also

lespaul2.jpg

My brand new Westfield Les Paul. Took the day off work and smoked with this all day long. Amazing value for money with great fit and finish and good sounding pickups. Cost

• Members

Originally posted by BowerR64

can i search MIK? lol i want to sort by where its made. Im not good with fenders so i have no idea whats MIA, MIJ, MIM or MIK what about MIC? made in china?
:eek:

No but I can pretty much tell you where everythign is made. The china and indonesia is low end squier. high end squier (master series) is korea.

Most of the "non traditional" stuff like Custom Tele Limited Edition is MIK.

However stuff like the Jagstang is MIJ.

Just ask me a certain model i can tell you.

Archived