1989 Fender Strat - good buy??

Borderline

• Members

Originally posted by Phantom Monk

The pool routing Vs normal routing is just nit-picky bull{censored}.

You wouldn't even notice it if you didn't look under the pickguard.

Try to sell a pool routed Strat for the same price as a H/S/H or S/S/S Strat. I love being nitpicky when it comes to resale value.

• Members

Originally posted by BootRoots

when did they change the routing on American Standards? I have a '97 with a swiming pool route.
:confused:

They used a swimming pool route on all MIA Strats thru 1998. 99 was the first year they started with the h/s/h

So according to swimming pool critics, every strat made during the 90s is crap? gimme a break. It makes no difference. just ask SRV, he credited the amazing tone on one of his guitars to the fact it had a pool route.

• Members

The pool routing Vs normal routing is just nit-picky bullshit.

Totally agree. The late eighties to mid nineties Fender strat deluxe guitars are some of the best made. The difference in lost wood between HSH and the SP route is minimal. Some people just insist on listening to Ed Romans Bullshit.:D :D

• Members

The pool routing Vs normal routing is just nit-picky bull{censored}.

Anything that lowers the weight is ok by me. I have an 88 American Standard.

• Members

Originally posted by Mazi Bee

...So according to swimming pool critics, every strat made during the 90s is crap? gimme a break. It makes no difference. just ask SRV, he credited the amazing tone on one of his guitars to the fact it had a pool route.

my two favorite sounding guitars have swimming pool routes. one came that way (Squier Strat) and the other i turned into a swimming pool route after years of pickup/wiring experiments.

they each sound fantastic and i think the large route has something to do with it (they have an acoustic tone that my other guitars don't have).

• Members

Originally posted by snglcoil

Try to sell a pool routed Strat for the same price as a H/S/H or S/S/S Strat. I love being nitpicky when it comes to resale value.

I could get $700 for my brownburst '96. That's what I bought it for new. Try selling an '02, '03' etc that you paid a grand for. You'll take a $300 loss .http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7336544337&category=47069&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

Archived