Tunesblog.com is looking for music (moderator approved)

• Members

Hey guys... I posted this at MP before the moved but I want to share with the new folks here at HC! :)

I'm starting up a new music website: www.tunesblog.com

It's my new business. I'm going to have a internet radio stream, podcast, and a music blogging community.

Right now... I'm looking for independent musicians like yourself to submit music for the station and for the podcasts. You can also sign up for one of my free blogs and talk about your music. Please give blogging a try if you haven't already! [smile]

Please take a look. If you'd like to join in on the podcast there is a legal form on the website you'll need to sign. It basically gives me the right to include you in the podcast and radio stream. Without it... I can't include you... sorry. YOU DO NOT have to be a member of ASCAP, BMI, etc. As a matter of fact I

CANNOT use anything that is not 100% your creation... so NO COVER TUNES. No unlicensed samples either.

What I'm hoping:

Please give me feedback on the website and the submission process. If you have questions as a independent musician please let me know! I want to use your questions to write a better version of the FAQs. Please also let your other musician buddies know about the site.

With my radio production skills, I'm really hoping that I can make a great show with music and interviews that you'll be proud to include in your own promotional materials. The podcast will be free... eventualy I'll be running very limited ADs in order to pay for server bandwidth and such.

I'm looking forward to discovering some great new music with all of you!

Thanks!

Ms. Valky

I think that's a great idea, and I'm glad you posted it over here too.

For those who don't know Ms Valky, she's a first rate engineer who specializes in classical recordings. Her "day gig" is as an engineer for NPR. She's a personal friend of mine, so everyone please treat her with the respect due the lady that she is. Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif

• Members

Originally posted by UnderTheGroove

Hey valky, good luck with the new site. If I am reading the submission page correctly, the songs will generate (however small) performance rights payments for the writers?

Since my STREAMING audio comes from Live 365 via a royalty included package music played there would be paid by Live 365 to the appropiate agencies. Yes

There is currently no way to license music for PODCASTS from BMI,SESAC, or sound scan. Therefore the legal form provides permssion to use your music without any fees. As soon as there is a easy way to pay artists for podcasts I'd love to sign up... right now only songs (not audio recordings) can be licensed from ASCAP. If the rest of the agencies get on the boat, I can start paying for those and I wouldn't need that legal form anymore.

Archived