Wow, someone else here is from Riverside!

• Members

Hey Phil, good to see that someone is running a quality studio in Riverside. I didn't even know there were any studios in Riverside. The only ones I know of are small, run down places with only a vocal booth for recording gansta rap.

Let me know if you ever need an unpaid assistant to handle mundane tasks. I've been recording at home for years, but my skills have pretty much peaked due to lack of real experience and because of a poor listening environment.

• Members

Yes, I live near Riverside. Here's my story: I am currently finishing up a Ph.D. in computer science, but I spend all of my extra time in music related activities. I used to be a semi-pro trumpet, piano, and guitar player, but I don't perform much anymore. Most of my musical interest now is in composition and recording. My biggest problem is that I am into just about every musical genre. I have a classical background but about 10 years ago I really got into jazz. Also, being a guitar player, I of course listen to a lot of rock and blues. I am currently really getting into orchestral composition/arranging for film scoring.

When you say you are "new" around here, did you mean Riverside or harmony central? Have you recorded any the local artists from around Riverside (Jody Fisher, Bob Scarano, etc.)?

• Members

Hey gs,

There are a few places in and around Riverside. Phil has a great place, plus there's Papa Joe's in Redlands. There was a place in Running Springs called 7k Studios that I've been to before, but Paul moved his studio to Redondo Beach a few years ago.

Cool about your background. I was a trumpet performance major at CSUSB back from '85 - '89. What kind of gigs have you done?? I was in a big band that used to rehearse at Edwards Mansion back in the day. Good times.

Chris

P.S. I know I'm not Phil (I'm not that knowledgeable) but I grew up around that area.

Hi gs:

When you say you are "new" around here, did you mean Riverside or harmony central? Have you recorded any the local artists from around Riverside (Jody Fisher, Bob Scarano, etc.)?

No, I've been working out here in the Riverside area for about 11 years, and have been at the current place since January of 1998. I'm fairly new to H-C. :D

I've heard of Bob (guitarist, right?) but have never worked with him before. I've done a lot of different stuff - a lot of CCM, a lot of rock / alternative, some country, a bit of jazz and blues, the occasional classical gig. It sounds like you have really cool / interesting background. :cool:

Anyway, if you're out in this area, you'd be welcome to come by for a visit sometime. :)

PS Don't let Chris fool you - he IS a very knowledgeable cat! :cool: He had a VERY popular computer game audio thread over on my old Musicplayer.com forum that he oversaw and took great care of! :cool: And I got to meet him when he was out here for a visit last year - he's a really nice guy to boot! :)

• Members

I was a trumpet performance major at CSUSB back from '85 - '89. What kind of gigs have you done?? I was in a big band that used to rehearse at Edwards Mansion back in the day. Good times.

For trumpet, I mostly played churches, weddings, etc, although I had a music scholarship as an undergrad at UCR (96-00), so I played in a wind ensemble, big band, and brass quintet.

For guitar, I had a band for a little while that just played at local parties, etc. I also did some solo jazz gigs at similar events.

I see you are involved in game audio. This is yet another area of interest of mine. If days were only 40 hours long, I might actually be able to do everything I want.

• Members

I once spent a month in Riverside...trying to get home to OC on the 91

Lol, and there are poor bastards who drive that everyday. I occasionaly have to drive to Irvine, and it has taken me as long as 2 and a half hours to drive what normally takes 45 minutes.

You have gotta love the 60/215 interchange.

Archived