The get rid of Kiwiburger thread!

• Members

I post a lot of stuff here out of boredom, and hopefully trying to provoke some intelligent discussion of alternative views. Maybe my views aren't suitable for a public forum like this. Please vote honestly, because i'm happy to cease posting if the consensus is that i'm more of a nuisance than a help.

• Members

I don't hate you any more than all the other morons around here so I voted for you to stay. ;)

Honestly, you seem to have sense and your posts (at least the ones I've seen) are generally helpful. Unless I'm thinking about a different guy...

• Members

Originally posted by Kiwiburger

I post a lot of stuff here out of boredom, and hopefully trying to provoke some intelligent discussion of alternative views. Maybe my views aren't suitable for a public forum like this. Please vote honestly, because i'm happy to cease posting if the consensus is that i'm more of a nuisance than a help.

I don't vote because I think it's really no point in it in the context of studio related discussions. I know that you are discussing under several names. I find many of your posts both necessary and informative, but you seem to post some replies out of boredom/impulse too where you add some negative personal focused opinions about what other people think or do. This is not a good thing for people that are enthusiastic about the hobby. This is not something that the forum needs because if people get the idea that you cannot feel free to post threads where you discuss your experiences and thoughts about different related issues, it will become a forum where everybody defends their skills rather than discussing in an open minded knowledge centered way for sharing a hobby, without thoughtsidentity relevance. This has the effect that it is not fun to visit the forum. Other than that I think it's great that you you are here and you are among one of those that really do post many replies, which is a good thing...

• Members

Originally posted by TonyCrazyMan

I don't vote because I think it's really no point in it in the context of studio related discussions. I know that you are discussing under several names. I find many of your posts both necessary and informative, but you seem to post some replies out of boredom/impulse too where you add some negative personal focused opinions about what other people think or do. This is not a good thing for people that are enthusiastic about the hobby. This is not something that the forum needs because if people get the idea that you cannot feel free to post threads where you discuss your experiences and thoughts about different related issues, it will become a forum where everybody defends their skills rather than discussing in an open minded knowledge centered way for sharing a hobby, without thoughtsidentity relevance. This has the effect that it is not fun to visit the forum. Other than that I think it's great that you you are here and you are among one of those that really do post many replies, which is a good thing...

Well said.

I think Kiwi already knows what I think about him. He's a very special boy. ;):p

Ignoring the admin's for a second, there's only two people who can make someone stop posting on this forum - the person in question and me. :)

Kiwi, if you enjoy posting here, we're happy to have you. :)

If you don't and decide to leave, that's up to you.

This forum isn't a popularity contest. If everyone had to vote on everyone else, a lot of people might disappear - myself included. ;) However, I do ask for a few basic things from all of you. First of all, I expect things to remain civil. No personal attacks. If someone doesn't like someone else's opinion on a particular topic, that's fine - discuss and debate... but no personal insults / attacks / name calling are permitted. Period.

Secondly, I would greatly prefer it if everyone could stick to a SINGLE USER NAME on this forum. I just don't have time for games... if you want to play around and answer yourself, or pretend you're someone else supporting your own POV, then do it on OJ. Anyone who does that crap over here can expect to hear from me if / when I find out about it.

I really try to be a reasonable person, and I try to be helpful when I can. I also am here to learn from others... this forum isn't just "all about me". I don't try to swoop in and answer every thread first... I want all of YOU to participate and discuss; to help one another. I'm here to provide help when I can and to make sure the ship stays on course. I don't want to have to stick my boot up anyone's butt, but I can assure you all that I'm very capable of doing so if and when that becomes unavoidable. Please don't make me go there people... I don't enjoy having to repolish my boots any more than necessary. ;)

Anyone who has any questions can feel free to drop me a PM. See something that concerns you happening on this forum? Please drop me a PM. Does someone dislike your mic choices and voiced that in a reasonable manner? Deal with it.

Let's talk about making records. That's why we're here. :)

Archived