PSP MasterComp ???

• Members

Is anyone trying out the MasterComp demo? Any thoughts?

http://pspaudioware.com/indexen.html?url=http://pspaudioware.com/plugins/mastercomp.html;

I'm havin trouble finding a mastering comp in my collection that can equal this thing across a whole mix. Oddly enough PSP MixPressor and MixSaturator (heavily tweaked) come close.

BTW - The demo only has a couple of knobs active (piracy prevention) but they can all be operated via automation params. I think the demo is for PC only also - I'm using it in Sonar successfully.

The release is Friday and I'm seriously considering it - I'd like to hear what folks hear think pro & con! Or what beats it for a DAW mastering compressor. Thanx

• Members

i think it's nice but i prefer the Vintage Warmer... if i'm going to put something on the master fader i do it for the saturation color... the VW makes a more natural waveform then a brickwall limiter, and with just as much gain.. and i happen to think it's a better sounding gain... so i wont be buying the new PSP plug..

• Members

OK - thanks! Vintage Warmer sure has it's own sound - I've got that one!

I think I said too much in my first post so it was confusing (to me anyway)...I'm wondering if anyone has tried PSP Master Comp as a mastering compressor - it's a whole other thing from the Vintage Warmer saturation coloring sound. I'm looking for a great mastering compressor this one has the potential I'm thinking (plugin wise).

• Members

Cool rhythm...I've got Ozone3 also - IMO the new PSP MasterComp beats everything I have as a mastering compressor (not maximizer or saturator, etc.) so I just got in on the customer discount and got that along with MasterQ - guess I'll be the experimenter here! Wish me luck - from what I've heard I think things will be fine...:cool:

• Members

I'm using the DirectX demo of it... but i'm a total dunce when it comes to understanding proper compression and EQ. I have not had proper training and I think I have to do more than read books on it in order to completely understand it.

so at this point I have only used pre-sets, but from what i hear, it sounds pretty good. It can really boost the internal levels and get them to be competative with the major label sound.

Archived