What's your favorite electric guitar color?

docjeff

• Members

Originally posted by chimi

Silverburst anyone?

I've had a Les Paul that color for 25 years. For a long time I wished I'd gotten a sunburst instead, but it kind of grew on me-not many people have one. It's starting to get a nice vintage look-still pretty silver, but the binding is yellowing and I'm sure the value should be close to a 59 sunburst any minute now....:D

• Members

My Lag's finish is defined by the maker as "tobacco sunburst" and I love that color. The violin sunburst of my SA2200 is nice too. The "lemon burst" of my GM LP is not quite in my taste although I can stand it when I'm in a good mood.

I like black on the LP custom. Natural on a jazzbox

• Members

My favorite has always been Rickenbacker's Fireglo and Mapleglo (especially if it's an aged Mapleglo). They are both unique colors that I have not seen anyone else duplicate. They also remind me of the Beatles--although John refinshed is Mapleglo guitar in black. I also like the homemade paint job on "Rocky."

b1.jpgb2.jpgb3.jpg

b4.jpg

• Members

Black. That is the correct technical name for black. LOL. 2nd choice is see thru dark red wether or not its called blackcherry, dark red dark crimson or whateverariation of the again technically correct word that is red for that color range.

Allways thought it laughable that rickenbacker decided to call black "jetglo". No color chart lists such a color as jetglo. Its a made up fictional name for black.

• 15 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...