Masterlink I'm Maddd!

• Members

OK, I bought my Alesis Masterlink a couple of years ago, and I love it. For me it does so many cool things that I wouldn't want to be without it. I'm mad because I spent $1300 for it. So I am searching around on the net today and I find the unit, with a larger hard drive than mine, for about $800. I'm so pissed I may just buy another one. :eek:

Who else here uses one of these?

Rick

• Members

Originally posted by Keyrick

OK, I bought my Alesis Masterlink a couple of years ago, and I love it. For me it does so many cool things that I wouldn't want to be without it. I'm mad because I spent $1300 for it. So I am searching around on the net today and I find the unit, with a larger hard drive than mine, for about $800. I'm so pissed I may just buy another one.
:eek:

Who else here uses one of these?

Rick

That's why I always try to do my research before buying ANY type of musical equipment. Even guitar strings. ;)

• Members

umkcprof,

You will love it. If I remember correctly you have a 4416 don't you? I have a 2816 and I use it for my feeble attempts at mastering, as well as making my own mixes of my favorite songs for the car. I just built a PC based system using Sonar in another location and I think I may buy another one for that system.

geek_usa,

You couldn't get one 3 years ago for $800! I do my reasearch too. I was just suprised at how much the price had dropped, with a larger hard drive to boot. :D

Rick

• Members

Originally posted by Keyrick

geek_usa,

You couldn't get one 3 years ago for $800! I do my reasearch too. I was just suprised at how much the price had dropped, with a larger hard drive to boot.
:D

Rick

Aha, yes time will definately drop the price on things. We bought our Gateway computer in 1995 for a hair less than a thousand dollars.

For about 1 year I used it up in my bedroom to record demos and stuff. It didn't take too well to the fast paced recording programs that I threw at it. The computer crashed more times than I could count.

I'd be lucky to sell it for $25 now, and that's probably even with sparing it out for parts.

On the other hand, some stuff gains appreciation, like vintage sought-after stuff. I always try to find "lots" of stuff on eBay, you know, the auctions where they're selling a "lot" of several products...

I bought three crybabies in one auction once; only to find out that one of them was a THOMAS ORGAN, not a Dunlop! I knew there was a reason why I liked that one so well. I could sell it for upwards of $200 if I wanted to; but it just sounds so darn good! :D

• Members

Originally posted by MASSIVE Master

The ML's price dropped like a rock as soon as they found out about the Tascam DV-RA1000.

And at $799, I bought a second unit myself.

Just in time for the first one to get flaky on me...
:eek:

Does the Tascam incorporate a HD??

Since we do not use are PC for anything related to our studio DAW's recordings--the ML is still our only choice~~

...we prefer the smaller HD of the MasterLink--less material to loose if a problem should occur:cool:

Archived