Need Help w/room layout

• Members

Hello ,

Lately I,ve been having problems with the layout of my bands amps/pa/gear in our rehersal room , i was wondering if you guys could help me relocate our gear in order for us to hear each other better,,

heres our current layout , thank you in advance , sorry for the {censored}ty drawing

Can you give us a little bit more detail please? How large is the room? Who's having a hard time hearing who? What style of music are you doing, and how loud are you playing in the room? Is there any acoustic treatment in the room, and if so, what kind and where is it located? And what is the gear lineup - please be as specific as you can! :)

• Members

Haha...another L-shaped room guy. My music room is shaped similarly to yours and I'm trying to figure out what to do as well. We can't tell you much without at least some dimensions though. Like Phil said, chances are you'll need some acoustic treatment if you don't already have it. You'd be surprised the difference putting up a couple strategically-placed bass traps can make. I have a little home-theater and two traps made all the difference in the world. My theater is a simple rectangle, though, and it was fairly easy to figure that room out. The L-shape is a beast to understand. I'm contemplating having a pro come out for a consultation. Unfortunately, it looks like my main AC died yesterday so my studio money is probably gonna get spent fixing the HVAC. Figures. :mad:

Archived