When you feel like giving up...

• Members

Originally posted by geek_usa

Last night at my job, they were telling me I was moving too slow. Every job I've been at says I move too slow. But I can't help it... I can't be as fast as other people. I'm not like that. I got yelled at and shouted and bickered at last night...which made matters worse.

The reason why you move too slow is not because of you, but because of the money that is in the eyes of the company chiefs (leaving knowledge in the shadow) and because of the low respect you get. I don't know where all this rush is coming from, but it seems like many companies go through this "stress until death" - approach (they usually belong to the market losers). It is one of the most ineffective ways of doing good business because the efficiency is measured by the work tempo rather than by the process efficiency, in other words caused by irresponsible/bad decision makers in the top league and/or a bad business concept. You are probably working at a place where there is little or no appropriate relationships between resource usability, resources and business concept, I bet you don't work in a positive team environment either... The result of that is inefficiency which creates demands of a high work tempo. So don't worry, your working tempo is just fine. Next time that boss starts talking bull{censored} in a very disrespectful way, do him a favor and tell him that quality and efficiency lies within project, resource, process and decision management. I'm sure that will make him/her think twice.

My personal approach on work is that my working tempo is my own decision and because I have my own health as a high priority I simply decide to not overdo anything. It seems to work great, my boss recently wanted to give me more responsibility and said it was because I was doing a great job! (besides I have a disease that responds negatively on stress and is uncurable) I want to have fun at work, nothing more or less. In the Bible it says it's not the result of the work that pays off, it's the work in itself that is the pay off.

Those disrespectful persons you have been in contact with have a lot to learn! I think they soon will get wakeup calls... (when they end up on the hospital) That was the case of my brother's boss...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dude, you sound like your young, and with the gear you are using, you probably aren't all that experienced at recording. So taking that into account, you did a fine job. There are issues in you mix, but nobody is trying to take anything away from you.

Pay attention to the basics. Reverb, eq, compression. Thats IT.

Drum machines will never sound like drums. That takes the pro quality out right there.

But the most important thing is EXPERIENCE. I have hundreds of bad mixes. Even my good mixes started out as bad mixes that over time and continuous work got better.

Also, definitly talk to somebody. I've gone through serious depression issues too man. It helps a LOT. and don't pay attention to some of the attitudes of people on the message boards. There are a lot of know it all assholes out there.

Archived