Sonar 5 announced...

From the Cakewalk site:

What's new

Building on the award-winning feature set in SONAR 4, Version 5 has introduced new instruments, effects, and tools. These new features are a result of innovation's made by our engineers and specific requests made by our users.

Below are some of the key new features:

* PSYN

• Members

Judging from some of the new features and plugins that come stock with Producer Edition, Sonar 5 is biting the heels of Samplitude V8Pro, actually.

Then again, when Sonar 4 was "getting close" to Samplitude V7, V8 came out and destroyed almost every DAW software available at the time.

I enjoy Sonar very much. I'll get 5.0 without a doubt.

• Members

I also hope that they have cleaned up the automation, I still have problems occasionally that require annoying workarounds. This is actually one of the reasons I have avoided getting a control surface, simply because if the automation doesn't work in the DAW, the control surface isn't going to make it any easier.

• Members

Originally posted by gsHarmony

I also hope that they have cleaned up the automation, I still have problems occasionally that require annoying workarounds. This is actually one of the reasons I have avoided getting a control surface, simply because if the automation doesn't work in the DAW, the control surface isn't going to make it any easier.

SONAR has automation issues??? I've been messing around with CUBASE LE for a while now but was really waiting to hear about SONAR 5 because I've been a long time Cakewalk user but stopped upgrading at the last Pro Audio version. The native VST support is my selling point as I've got some nice free plugs that I love and wrappers seem to load plugs pretty good but never import the saved patches...

• Members

Originally posted by gsHarmony

Sounds like a good upgrade. What makes me mad is that the upgrade price is the same for Sonar 3 PE as it is for Sonar 4 PE. Since I just upgraded to Sonar 4 PE a few months ago, I could have just waited and gotten Sonar 5.

Damn!! you're right! $179 to upgrade from either S3 or S4

:mad: :mad: :mad:

That's really annoying... I'm going to email them and ask about it.

Archived