Your favorite engineers? and their must have work..

• Members

Originally posted by geek_usa

the Innocense Mission kicks ass. I remember finding them out about a year and a half ago. I never bought anything from them, but they are pretty damn awesome.

"Glow" is definitely my favorite. The guitar sounds are beautiful, chiming, and sweet, the playing sublime. Great playing all the way around, great songs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by EngineGuitarist

there was a soul coughing record he did that opened my eyes, or ears rather. El oso, (i think thats the name, had a yellow cover). The reels for that record are (maybe 'were' now, who knows) at the studio i worked at. I remember talking someone into letting me put it up and listen to the individual tracks. holy jesus. i was an intern at the time and knew even less then i do now, but the drums....man. three pairs of mics, and they were labeled really weird, cant rmember what but it wasnt, room, or oh or something. the rest of it sounded great too, but the drums just blew me away. especially since using 1 or 2 pairs did not give you anything close the drum sound.

Yeah, he prints great sounds to tape.

He also uses a binaural mic, it resembles a dummy-head and I think it has capsules mounted in the ear locations.

I think he like to slam certain comps too! Great sounds!

Archived