Got my Yamaha i88x. Having some problems

• Members

First I'd like to thank Eric Dahlberg for hooking me up with a great deal on this interface + Cubase! I know where I'm shopping the next time I need something ;)

I have some problems, but I suspect it is my Acer Travelmate 8103 and not the interface.

I loose the firewire connection for no apparent reason after a while. I'm pretty sure it's my computer because the same thing happens when I use my external drive with firewire. I use usb with the drive now.

I'm clueless. Maybe I need to buy a pcmcia FW controller?

If you're having the same problems with external firewire disk drives, then I would definitely suspect the FW interface on your laptop and not the i88X. However, I'd start by making sure you have all the latest drivers for everything - including the i88X of course, but also for your computer's firewire interface.

If that fails to cure the problem, then yes, I'd look into a different FW interface for your computer.

• Members

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

Looks like a new firewire interface is going to be your next option then.
:(
I'd make sure you check over on
O1Xray
for info on compatibility and model suggestions.

I'll see what Acer has to say first. This computer is only a few months old and there's no reason why a standard external drive from Western Digital or the i88x shouldn't work with it.

I hate when I have new gear I can't use.:mad:

No chance that there's some stupid setting somewhere that is wrong or something?:p

Thanks anyway ;)

Archived