Manual Phasor like Thumb on tape

• Members

Walters is great. I'm for ANY forum that let's him play in the band too!

I want t-shirts made:

Black with those white blurred, out of focus letters: "WALTERS" and one of his famous quotes in smaller font under it.

Something like: "5 compressors together but what is milk?"

C'mon guys lighten up. :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Silicon Audio

Walters is great. I'm for ANY forum that let's him play in the band too!

I want t-shirts made:

Black with those white blurred, out of focus letters:
"WALTERS"
and one of his famous quotes in smaller font under it.

Something like: "5 compressors together but what is milk?"

C'mon guys lighten up.
:)

I'd have a big console and a rack full of gear printed on a shirt with the quote

"how do i sweeten"

• Members

Originally posted by Walters9515

Phil O'Keefe i can't stand EerieDreamZ and Chao they are in every single thread of mine just posting rude behavior and trying to start fights

I know I'm probably wasting my time with this, but I'm going to post it anyways.

Once again, You are lying. I have definitely NOT been in every one of your 87 threads scattered across these forums (yeah, I actually did a search and counted them all), and I've only been in 9 of those. And we're not even talking about all the other boards you've been on that we mutually subscribe to.

Most recently in the "Lesson loft" where you asked a question and I gave you an answer. Actually multiple HELPFUL answers. Nothing rude, or mean, just common sense answers that you have been given time and time again. Whether or not you don't "Like" what people have to say is irrelevant at this point. I was extremely polite. Period. Professional Recording Engineers have stepped up to the plate to help you out and STILL you resort to unnecessary name-calling etc...

YOU were the one that resorted to blowing a gasket and directly calling me names. Not the other way around. YOU resorted to name-calling, bashing, and questioning people's sexuality.

I've never done this to you aside from calling you "annoying". Do I need to cut and paste what you've been writing to prove my point here?

If you dont like what I have to say, well guess what, skippy? TOUGH. You have an IGNORE button just like the rest of us. I highly suggest you use it. (repeated for the 8th time in a week). I will NOT skip over your threads just because you dont want me in them. Especially if I'm learning something too. Your threads are not your "property" so to speak, and you HAVE posted in other people's threads. So cut the crap and the "Mr Innocent new to recording" fluff.

When I get private messages from OTHER forumites asking me what your problem is and WHY you simply do not want to listen, then I am going to answer with what I know. Believe me when I say that I am much nicer with my outright posting then what I say in private.

I can't speak for Chao, or Kiwi, or anyone else. They are the Captains of their own destinies. As for me, if I feel the need to respond to something or even to inject a bit of humor into threads, then I am going to do it.

Ask your questions and quite bitching every time someone here suggests GOOGLE, or Wikipedia, or GET A TEACHER, or READ A BOOK. None of these are bad suggestions at all. Most of us do it and a lot of us may feel that one needs to "pay their dues" a bit before walking around looking for handouts on knowledge.

Lastly, I REALLY like some of the replies you've been getting to some of your questions. So I get to learn too. These forums are not all-inclusive to just you. So get over it and walk on.

My two cents

Mick

• Members

Originally posted by EerieDreamZ

I can't speak for Chao, or Kiwi, or anyone else. They are the Captains of their own destinies. As for me, if I feel the need to respond to something or even to inject a bit of humor into threads, then I am going to do it.

Ask your questions and quite bitching every time someone here suggests GOOGLE, or Wikipedia, or GET A TEACHER, or READ A BOOK. None of these are bad suggestions at all. Most of us do it and a lot of us may feel that one needs to "pay their dues" a bit before walking around looking for handouts on knowledge.

Exactly. We're here to help those who have exhausted dictionaries, search engines, or ask the isolated question or two. We're not necessarily your personal butlers of knowledge here to spoon-feed you everything and coddle you.

In the thread EerieDreamz mentioned earlier, you asked a question. I responded with a link that provided the answer.

You refused to take two seconds to click on the link and read the answer, preferring to spam your question over and over while insulting anyone who dares question your poor communication skills.

As with anything in life, it's not what you say, it's how you say it. Instead of spamming questions to multiple forums on the internet and getting few leads, a proper approach would get every question you have answered in as much detail as you need.

Help us help you. Do a little legwork. Understand the basics. Learn to love google/wikipedia. Buy a book now and then. I don't mind answering a beginner question or two from an isolated individual, but when every single question could be answered by a two-second websearch, it starts to grate.

• Members

Why don't u both just stay away for good in my threads never

come in. You have the whole HC forum but you both keep coming in harassing, starting fighters, posting rude behavior and im sick you both of you to the points its very upsetting and gets me mad just leave me alone and again you have the whole HC forum stop with this Walters thing you both have started since day one.

The real question is why you both keep coming in my threads?

• Members

The real question is why you both keep coming in my threads?

Why do you think that different people continue to tell you the exact same things in completely different forums?

It's constructive criticism.

• Members

See this is where its start to get into a fight lets just stop right now and just stop posting again please thanks for understanding

you have the whole HC forum so stop coming in my threads please just drop it

Walters, no one is fighting with you. All you have to do is put my username on your ignore list and you will never see anything that I post. I'll disappear. Its that simple.

I have three names on my ignore list and it works.

If you post a question, and someone else answers it and I wish to respond to that, I'm going to whether you like it or not. You dont own the threads.

Youve been given the solution. Now use it.

• Members

You don't own the MY threads either remember "I" started MY threads and for the both of you to come in and start harassing,fighting getting me upset and mad why would you keep posting and replying when you know that the Thread starter doesn't like you both thats kinda of like you want to piss me off and you want to start a fight its that simple i really only have a problem with the both of you. I don't care if your in other ppl threads i just care you both are in my threads and i don't want anyone else seeing your posts your both rude and selfish of knowing that i don't like you both so just leave please. Your getting me upset again and why do you do this? you have the whole HC forum but you both choice again and again knowing that i don't like you both in my threads so why you do both choice to come in and post ? i think you want to harass and fight thats the problem i have with both of you your both know we don't get alone so why do you both keep coming back in and post in ALL my threads just stop it walk on the other side on the school you know just stay away.

• Members

I wasnt rude or harrassing at ALL in your other threads in the Lesson Loft. YOU were. You came out swinging without provocation, not me. Granted our history in the past hasnt been all that great, but I have never resorted to your level of meanness.

I was completely nice, and sincere in your last few threads.

Period.

and I dont care if you are having a meltdown about it. If I read something that I wish to respond to, I will answer it within the guidlines of these forums. YOU on the other hand broke the rules and got downright ugly.

There was no excuse for that kind of bashing.

Ignore me thats all there is to it.

• Members

Also.. for your information, I've been in these forums a hell of a lot longer than you. I've posted in almost all of them for the last 4 years. I've posted in mostly Keys Synths and Samplers, but also in Recording, Lesson Loft, Cool Jam, Music Biz, Songwriting, Hardware, Drum Forum, Bass Forum, Open Jam, Amp Forum, Live sound and Production, and now in the Phil O'Keefe and other new sections since the merger. You wont find many people at all that are upset with me in any way. Most will find me pretty damned helpful and funny at times.

....I've had ONE warning in the entire time.

I've had three people in that entire time that I simply can't tolerate. All three are on ignore. I never see anything they write. EVER. Life is good.

Walters, I may find some of your questions to be ludicrous at times, but only because one has to decipher what the heck it is your asking before they can respond. That goes back to what everyone else here says about your communication skills.

Its the answers you get from the PROS that interest me more than what you ask. That gives me the right to read and respond.

Get used to it and you might last longer here than the other places youve been where they banned you for your behavior. The nice approach obviously doesnt work with you.

Now step back, take a breath and get back to asking questions. I promise to stay as civil as I have been.

• Members

Reread this Walters, (Written by the Moderator himself so you';ll know I'm playing exclusively by the rules)

"Walters is either a guy with a little knowledge and a lot of imagination (and less than optimal communication skills ), a pro who is artfully yanking all of our chains, or maybe just an old fashoned troll - depending on your POV. Me? I find him difficult to understand sometimes (sorry Walters - no offense intended ) but as trolls go, relatively harmless. And besides, it's all topical, and it just might make us THINK a bit... and there's nothing wrong with that.

We can always decide to NOT hit the "reply" button as we see fit. Or reply and try to help out / play along... your choice folks.

I'm playing along as instructed.

Archived