? for Schecter S-1 Elite owners.

Darkstorm

• Members

Info says is abalone binding on neck. So question is, is it at least as smooth and snag free as regular binding material? And also, have you noticed any feelable fret edge tops sticking out side of fretboard?

Is it attached well enough & flexible enough to give with those little neck relief shifts one gets when removing all strings etc? Figures it must be, but never heard of abolone being used for binding before and kinda unsure about it for binding. Thanks.

Thinking hard about getting one since the guitar was gonna add to collection got bought could get it. And likes the S-1 elites vol vol tone with coil tap. Reviews indicate its pups do very well for crunchy tones. Has liked other Schecters has seen and heard. But hasnt seeing or heard this model in person yet. Probably get the gray mist finish one.

• Members

Thanks Madmonk. Kewl bout it being 25.5 scale instead of short. Slightly tighter sound then 24.75. Likes that. And better tension for my preferred gauge too (9's) imo.

Wishes Schecter made a floyd lic trem version of though. Cant find evidence of any trem equipted schecters.

• Members

Mind Riot > Your reply gave me a boner. Lol. So went hunting. The five way switch swayed me from my normally not going for guitars with only one volume instead of two. So went hunting to see if could find 1 of my preferred online stores with em in stock.

So should have my C-1 FR tuesday. Yes opted for next day delivery. Lol. But will prob be after I've left for work when truck comes. Cause lately ups & Fedex next days deliveries are after 3:30 pm. So prob wont get hands on it till wednesday morning after apt office opens. Unless I get an email monday saying "oops, was out of stock". In which case I'll get very grumpy. Lol. Asks the delivery gods to send "order shipped, heres tracking number" email monday. Lol.

Thanks for the reply Mind Riot. Lol.

• Members

Originally posted by Darkstorm

Mind Riot > Your reply gave me a boner. Lol. So went hunting. The five way switch swayed me from my normally not going for guitars with only one volume instead of two. So went hunting to see if could find 1 of my preferred online stores with em in stock.

So should have my C-1 FR tuesday. Yes opted for next day delivery. Lol. But will prob be after I've left for work when truck comes. Cause lately ups & Fedex next days deliveries are after 3:30 pm. So prob wont get hands on it till wednesday morning after apt office opens. Unless I get an email monday saying "oops, was out of stock". In which case I'll get very grumpy. Lol. Asks the delivery gods to send "order shipped, heres tracking number" email monday. Lol.

Thanks for the reply Mind Riot. Lol.

Rockin', glad to help. :cool:

Post some pics and a review when you get it! :thu:

• Members

Mind > I wonder which controls version mine will be. Looks likes theres been 3 versions of it. Vol, vol, tone, 3 way. Vol, tone, 5 way. Vol, tone, 3 way. Zzounds claims is the vol, tone, 5 way. Most reviews at HCUR are of the vol, vol, tone, 3 way. Would prefer it be the vol vol tone 3 way or vol, tone, 5 way. But maybe can mod to stacked twin vol or vol/balance pot if is just the vol, tone 3 way version. Notices schecter website pic is of the vol, vol, tone, 3 way version. Yet description is vol, tone, 3 way. So hopefully will be the pic'd version instead. Lol.

• 14 years later...
8 hours ago, Jeff Rocx said:

I need info on string ferrules for the back of my S-1 Elite. Anyone know what the specifications or where/what to order?

I don't know for certain, but I'd be very surprised if you can't order replacement ferrules from Schecter. 

Here's their email address:

info@schecterguitars.com

You can also reach out to them and ask them via their Contact Us page on their website... 

https://www.schecterguitars.com/about#Contact

If you have one or more of the original ferrules, you can measure it with a set of digital calipers (handy to have, and available for between $10 and $20 at most Home Depot or Harbor Freight stores) and see if the dimensions match the ferrules that are available from StewMac. 

https://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/All_Hardware_and_Parts_by_Instrument/Electric_Guitar_Parts/Electric_Guitar_String_and_Neck_Ferrules/Guitar_String_Ferrules.html

https://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/All_Hardware_and_Parts_by_Instrument/Electric_Guitar_Parts/Electric_Guitar_String_and_Neck_Ferrules/Flush-fit_Guitar_String_Ferrules.html

Fender style ferrules are available at 

Archived