Anyone care to see the inside of (one of) Dr Dre's studio?

• Members

if you want to pick on lame rap producers/artists, there are a ton of them to choose from but Dre is totally the wrong one...he's always been more about music than most, he hires great musicians and uses them the right way

There are lots of reasons to have 96 channels when you can afford the board, I don't know if he's using Protools now but in the past Dre always recorded to Tape...having 2 or more different mixes of an analog recording available without having to lose one is understandable, right? how many protools/cubase users save multiple versions of their mixes? of course there could be other reasons as well, I wouldn't want to assume anything

I can understand not liking the genre he created, etc....but well, personally, I'd rather listen to "The Chronic" than anything by Slipknot or Nickelback or Papa Roach or...

I understand you were kidding around Sean, just adding my 2cents for those who don't have a sense of humor

• Members

I can understand not liking the genre he created, etc....but well, personally, I'd rather listen to "The Chronic" than anything by Slipknot or Nickelback or Papa Roach or...

I'm not into rap,hiphop or Elivis Costello but i agree with you on this one Steve and pretty the rest of your take.

~Bob

• Members

I personally dont dig any trip-hip-at the-lets go to the-or any hop for that matter. But if hes USING all that stuff, (mainly the amount of outboard gear is trippin me out), then thats way way cool!

The board, well if I had the money, I cant say I wouldnt bust for that also, all ch. used or not.

Im sure he has way more going on at that facility, than just what he might engineer himself, that should be factored in too.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Archived