"Ask a question like Walters" contest

All in good fun Walters. :)

But as I said in your latest thread, it is pretty tough to undrstand what you're driving at sometimes. A suggestion? Instead of just concepts, maybe you can give us more specific examples of what is is you're trying to do along with the concepts you're asking about... that might help with the communication thing. And if you see something online you don't understand, a brief quote (no more than a paragraph or so - and post a link to the source too please) of the original text might help us help you too. :)

• Members

... I can't.
:mad:

:D

HAR?!?!

Maybe thats good?

Or, maybe not bad?

Or maybe both......

It could be considered neither, or both sometimes?

"I will not eat them in a box, I will not eat them with a fox".......

So, how is this a contest?

Did I sound like Seinfeld, good enough? "And whats up with that?"

• Members

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

What is flux on my tape deck? Soldering comes with flux. Do engineers put flux on tape heads? Why? Exactly how does flux work? And does flux come in capacitors too? I saw that in a movie once... are they all the same?
;):p;):D

i flux my capacitors but i want to flux with sweetening how do you do this

you dont know what ur talking about i mean sweetening god your all so dum how can you not understand what im saying i'm so clear here folks

Wait, that still made more sense than I'm used to.

I can't do it either :freak:

Originally posted by EngineGuitarist

why doesn't my cable work? all my friends say to get good cable. so i bought 1000ft. of mogami and i dont even have comedy central. no news, no sopranos. wtf? how can i get the funny out of my cable?

can you help me kiwi?

I want to know how to use reallyexpensivepieceofrecordingequipment to improve my trax when i can't be arsed to buy a book or use google. I expect people to bend over backwards to fill me with knowledge that I will never use in the hopes that I can somehow learn through diffusion and get an advanced job in the industry without ever actually mixing, producing, or even recording anything.

For serious, 90% of these dumb questions would be answered by actually working with the equipment he claims to have, or at least reading the manual, or talking to his "friends" who seem to own multimillion dollar studios.

• Moderators

I have want to get the sound of a beach boy harmony. I've many times that Brian Wilson liked the sound of the reverb chambers. Where I like to understand more would be if it is more important to have a real cahmber to put those harmonies into or is it more needed to study the 4 Freshman way of harmonizing.

• Moderators

I've for a while to aquire a "flanging sound". I've noticed to when working on my toilet in replacement that the connection has what is known as a flange. This is acoding to a very knowlegable person from the Home Depot.

Now, my concern is, a flanging sound has a swirlyness to it. When my toilet is working correctly, it also "swirls". Is there any way I can use these part from Home Depot to get the much needed "swirl Flange effect".

How would it sound also to apply the swirl too a beach boy horminzation?

• Members

Originally posted by Lee Knight

I've for a while to aquire a "flanging sound". I've noticed to when working on my toilet in replacement that the connection has what is known as a flange. This is acoding to a very knowlegable person from the Home Depot.

Now, my concern is, a flanging sound has a swirlyness to it. When my toilet is working correctly, it also "swirls". Is there any way I can use these part from Home Depot to get the much needed "swirl Flange effect".

How would it sound also to apply the swirl too a beach boy horminzation?

This is the winner by far at this point!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators

Originally posted by A_Str8

Wow. I read this thread first. I thought you guys had to be exagerating, then i read the actual conversation. Wow. This is excelent stuff

:eek::D

I only want to be close to a vision in my ears and around my heart. I don't understand yor qestion? What was confuse to you. The Falnge or the chambers with the 4 Freshman in it?

• Members

whats the difference between signal Tapping and twohand tapping technique?? my guitarplaying friends say that twohand tapping technique or more real than signal Tapping. Taps are played on bugles. can They be played on guitars? can they be played with signal Tapping? can i play twohand guitar Tapping through a signal Tapping.

• Moderators

Originally posted by UstadKhanAli

whats the difference between signal Tapping and twohand tapping technique?? my guitarplaying friends say that twohand tapping technique or more real than signal Tapping. Taps are played on bugles. can They be played on guitars? can they be played with signal Tapping? can i play twohand guitar Tapping through a signal Tapping.

This confused because I understood signal tapping to be the forgot art to transmit WWII messages through Freds Astaire Gingers Roger dance routines.

• Members

Brilliant! :thu:

Whoops, I meant STUPIDD PARKING LOT ANSWER. :mad:

• Members

This gets my vote

• Members

Isn't it the same as one hand clapping?:freak:

• Members

The other day i was with my recording friends eating at McDonalds and i had a Big mac with a Root beer soda and i tasted it and it was way different then the Jack in the Box root beer so i looked at the soda fountain and said to the manager why is its different? Its a mixing process every soda fountain is different how u set up the Ratios i was amazed how can i do this with audio running my 24 tracks through this soda fountains and get different FLAVORS just have a PSI tube in the back on a soda fountain going straight in running my 24 tracks into this and having different Flavors on my mixdown would be sick and just plain stupid.

he is my soda fountain:

http://www.vivian-stlouis.com/pages/prod_detail.asp?ProdID=5

Question and Answer

Walters Question::What if I like really strong drinks?

McDonalds Manager Answer:; Adjust the syrup screw on the fountain head to make the drink stronger to suit your taste. If the syrup screw is way in already, adjust the soda screw outward to reduce the water flow. You could probably even go so far as to get a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio, which would be a mighty strong drink, for nary the likes of a sailor such as yourself

Walters question:: whats inside a soda fountain?

Mcdonalds Manager Answers:::six-head fountain, and six syrup pumps, a Carbonator, a compressor

Walters Question::What do we need to make a glass of soda?

Mcdonalds Manager Answers;; #1Soda Water #2 Flavoring

Once we have those two things, we need a way to combine them.

Walters question:: Just like a console but using a Soda fountain

Mcdonalds Manager Answers: Yes billy this is like a automatic audio engineer

• Members

Originally posted by Walters9515

The other day i was with my recording friends eating at McDonalds and i had a Big mac with a Root beer soda and i tasted it and it was way different then the Jack in the Box root beer so i looked at the soda fountain and said to the manager why is its different? Its a mixing process every soda fountain is different how u set up the Ratios i was amazed how can i do this with audio running my 24 tracks through this soda fountains and get different FLAVORS just have a PSI tube in the back on a soda fountain going straight in running my 24 tracks into this and having different Flavors on my mixdown would be sick and just plain stupid.

he is my soda fountain:

http://www.vivian-stlouis.com/pages/prod_detail.asp?ProdID=5

Question and Answer

Walters Question::What if I like really strong drinks?

McDonalds Manager Answer:; Adjust the syrup screw on the fountain head to make the drink stronger to suit your taste. If the syrup screw is way in already, adjust the soda screw outward to reduce the water flow. You could probably even go so far as to get a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio, which would be a mighty strong drink, for nary the likes of a sailor such as yourself

Walters question:: whats inside a soda fountain?

Mcdonalds Manager Answers:::six-head fountain, and six syrup pumps, a Carbonator, a compressor

Walters Question::What do we need to make a glass of soda?

Mcdonalds Manager Answers;; #1Soda Water #2 Flavoring

Once we have those two things, we need a way to combine them.

Walters question:: Just like a console but using a Soda fountain

Mcdonalds Manager Answers: Yes billy this is like a automatic audio engineer

God love ya, Walters!!

He's got a sense of humor too!

Notice how this has more info contained than the questions he normally asks?

Intersting ;)

Archived