RODE NTK my first tube condensor mic

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I knew this thread would end up at Walmart.

I figured this was THE "walters" (presumably aka Marissa Marchant, et al)... the questions start out reasonable enough but quickly descend into bothersome time wasting.

Walters has, in the past, toured the various audio/rec and music BB's going through this same somewhat twisted ritual. Some folks are amused, others ticked off, which I guess is what drives "walters"...

I wish I'd said it earlier, but I didn't want to take a chance that it might just be a coincidence of screennames: don't waste your time.

• Members
Originally posted by blue2blue

I figured this was THE "walters" (presumably aka Marissa Marchant, et al)...

No WAY !!! the same Marissa :confused:

Now that is worth discussing, debating, pondering, alleging, and otherwise detecting, comparing notes, constructing timelines, patterns (hehe), motives and intent...

• Members

The sales man said i need a Good preamp for the NTK because of the impendance matching and frequency respones to pass throught the Preamp im using a Midi buddy preamp and he said thats the problem what do u guys think about getting a better preamp?

What kind of preamps work really good with a NTK?

He said to keep the NTK and buy a good preamp because Omni mic is not going to do anything but gettting a good preamp and the NTK would get my sound

• Members

Originally posted by Walters9515

what kind of preamp goes really good with a NTK?

Which preamp will make a hugh difference with the NTK?

The Rupert Neve Designs Portico is the way to go. This is not marketing hype.

Ohhhhh, wait....

You want a hugh difference with the NTK...sorry, didn't see that. I'd instead recommend any mic preamp made by Hugh & Kettner.

• Members

Im going to get the shure betas mics witha korg AX3000g processor i think this is the cheapest way

I don't have money for a good mic pre to make the NTK work right and i don't have a nice console the mic pre and 2488 don't let the NTK work right so the korg AX3000g will be fine

• Members

Originally posted by Kiwiburger

You could name it the famous Wall-of-Walters sound. Throw in a bit of through-zero tape doppler flange for that watery slosh. How does that make you feel?

Apparently curious enough to start up a thread about it.

Walters, please post your three 57 technique for us.

• Members

I don't have money for a good mic pre to make the NTK work right

So what do you do for a living? Maybe for the new year, we can all work together to get you a better paying job. Maybe...just maybe...you could become a recording engineer...

Remember, us Californians need to look out for each other, Walters.

• Members

You guys must be standing in a circle with bats and clubs

waiting for someone to ask a question on a forum.

Nope, only for you.......and its not "a" question, its 450 "stupid" ones...without taking anyones advice either. Just thinking up a new list of questions instead of thinking ABOUT WHAT HAS BEEN SAID!!!

HEHEHEHEHE!!!!!!!:idea:

• Members

You guys must be standing in a circle with bats and clubs

waiting for someone to ask a question on a forum.

Absolutely not. Just a smile. You're freakin' funny!

So what do you do for a living? Maybe for the new year, we can all work together to get you a better paying job. Maybe...just maybe...you could become a recording engineer...or we'll make you smarter!

Remember, us Californians need to look out for each other, Walters.

• Members

Del Taco is hiring, and he can tear apart the mic at the drive thru, and put a 57 (or 3 of them) in its place!! That way, I could understand what they say at the order box!!!

YAY! Thats your mission Marissa (Walters) fix the bad audio at Del Taco!!!

Hmmmm, that could have been your original mission anyway......

carry on dude/woman!!:thu:

• Members

The sound im looking for is when i set up 3 or 5 shure 57s at different distance and room mics and sing my vocals or acoustic guitars it gives me depth and room and space from all the mics i thought a tube condensor mic would do this all in one so i don't need my 3 to 5 shure 57's mics i could just use a condensor mic with really high output to pickup the room,space,depth do u know what i mean?

I run out of breath before I get to the end....

5 57s set up at different distances, used for recording vocals? I can't even begin to imagine what a mess that would be.

Archived