So what's everyone's OTHER hobby?

• Members

We know you all record music. Big deal. Pretty much everyone here does. But everyone's got something else they do...

I'm a huge cigar-nut, I play in a touring mathrock band, and I skateboarded semi-professional for the first half of my life.

How about you?

• Members

I am no longer a single digit handicap golf player but still play when I can, regrip my own clubs and have built clubs.

Learning Linux.

Rebuilding an old Epiphone archtop into a resonator guitar.

Going to try to modify an old tube radio into a small guitar amp.

Learning how to Gimp.

Don't smoke....

Still Kicking Cancer's Ass.

• Members

I occaisionally like to do thsi thing called sleeping. It involves a large soft surface called a bed, a couple bags full of feathers called pillows, and these warm fuzzy things called blankets and sheets. You lie under the blankets on the bed, put your head on the pillows, and eventually someone comes along and says it is time to get up.

• Members

What is a hobby? Please explain. When not mousing and control surfacing around Pro Tools I'm touring and writing with Carolyn Arends, a Gospel songwriter, and doing music direction or sound design for a theatre company. Okay I teach a little bit too. I also sell this stuff in my sig. as of a couple of weeks ago.

Spencer Capier

• Members

I'm all about having fun, you know start a fire in someones kitchen, maybe go to Sea World and take my pants off.

but no seriously, thats about the jist of it, besides listening to music or watching movies, I just hang out with people, get drunk, and get into adventures. I tried couple weeks ago to start a collaboration between Beck (Hanson) and Captain Beefheart. I was calling national 411 at like 4 or 5am and I actually got a number for a Beck Hanson in San Fran. I called and got this really wierd answering machine message of a little girl saying something completely incoherent. kind of made me wonder. I left a message but didn't get a reply, and there was no listing for Don Vliet or Captain Beefheart (yes I asked the operator for the Captain and she said "Can you please spell that" and I did.

• Members

Originally posted by seaneldon

dude, when are we hanging out? i'll bring the PBR.

if you throw in getting kicked out of strip clubs, stealing lawn ornaments and putting them in your friends' yards, and gambling on things that have never ever been gambled on....then I'm in. But, I'll take no less.

• Moderators

Husband / Dad

Cooking

Reading

Cigars (until they did the anti-smoking deal at my 8 year old's school)

The cooking thing has really taken over as a hobby. I love being able to create a meal better that I'd get at a fine restaurant. I've got the time and luxury to just make something that will make my wife, daughter, and I melt with joy... plus it's fun to do it with a mild to moderate red wine buzz.:thu:

• Members

Perfect Saturday =

Get up kinda early, load my kayak on my car, bring lunch, fishing rod, tackle, a few beers, few friends (similarly equipped), sunscreen, sandals, and a few more beers. Spend day drifting down a river. Pack it in around 6pm - stop and get sweet corn for the fish fry on the way home.

yeah, winter does suck.

• Members

Playing guitar and writing

Basketball

Softball (co-ed champs this summer!)

Dirt bikes (ex wheelie king)

Classic cars (still working on my 65 stang after 25 years)

Ice skating (no more hockey these days)

Slot cars (haven't re-wrapped any motors in a few years)

Computers and software (where for art thou o basic?)

Messing with amps (ever boosted your filament voltage till they burn up?)

Travel (gotta love jet skiing Sapphire beach)

Eating (gets more attention now days)

NASCAR (is that a hobby?)

• Members

Originally posted by UstadKhanAli

Cool!!! How long have you been doing that?

Not too long. Around a year now. i haven't been going to classes for a little while because of money and time issues, but hopefully by springtime I should be able to start up again.

• Members

growing various hot peppers, and making bottled hot sauces.

MAking Gospel and Hymns into jazzy arrangements.

The endless fun of working on the stupid money pit (House)

Waiting for winter to end, so I can move....... Im part wasp

Winter sucks!

Archived