High output condensor mic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Go see a shrink Walters. You are making life much too hard for yourself. How does that make you feel?

I've never seen somebody with such confused thought patterns. Assuming you are indeed stupid, and not just pretending to be stupid for commercial reasons.

Seriously for one moment Walters - if you actually want to learn anything:

You ask questions - sometimes they appear sane.

People post replies to your questions. Often (like me) we think you are joking, and give really absurd answers, because you seem to like that. I try to be very obvious when I do that, because I don't want to hurt you if you are in fact a handicapped person. But our history goes back a long way, and I tend to think you are smarter than you appear.

Anyway - other people give you really strange advice too, because they think you are joking, and sometimes that advice might be hard for you to understand that it's crap. I hope you aren't genuinely handicapped, because that will be screwing you up if you actually believe it.

Other kind patient people (like Phil) give you good advice. But we see you throw away good advice all the time, and this makes us think you are screwing with good patience people, and that makes us a bit mad.

So Walters - if you are genuine - you have made a big problem for yourself. You have cried Wolf so many times that nobody respects you anymore, and that's why the crap answers.

When you state that an omni directional mic is not the same as an omni pattern mic - you are just wrong, and making an ass of yourself. That kind of behaviour just makes us think you are trying to piss us off, or some kind of a troll or moron. Or perhaps all three.

Life must be very hard in Walters world. Whether you are genuine or fake, it must be hard work.

• Members

Kiwi whats the difference between Omni VS cardiod?

Why would Omni have a higher output than Cardiod?

Why does Omni pickup more of the surrounding sounds and room sound were cardiod doesn't why?

Is Omni like having 3 to 5 dynamic mics surround and room mics surrounding the singer or acoustic guitar to pickup and record the surrounding sounds and room mic im trying to Caputure and record the surrounding sounds and room sounds at the same time would Omni do this job?

What Shure 57 would give me higher output is the Beta better for higher output?

What dynamic mics have higher output and pickup more of the surrounding and room sounds?

• Members

Originally posted by Walters9515

Kiwi whats the difference between Omni VS cardiod?

Apart from the fact that i've already explained this to you, there isn't much point trying to explain anything to you. How would you know i'm not telling you crap?

Why would Omni have a higher output than Cardiod?

That's a dumb ass non-question. Have you stopped beating your wife yet Walters?

Why does Omni pickup more of the surrounding sounds and room sound were cardiod doesn't why?

It's just spooky, isn't it? How does that make you feel?

Is Omni like having 3 to 5 dynamic mics surround and room mics surrounding the singer or acoustic guitar to pickup and record the surrounding sounds and room mic im trying to Caputure and record the surrounding sounds and room sounds at the same time would Omni do this job?

Yes Walters - in the wonderful world of Omni, everything is made of chocolate, and it's exactly like having 3 to 5 dynamic mics surround and room mics surrounding the singer or acoustic guitar to pickup and record the surrounding sounds and room mic im trying to Caputure and record the surrounding sounds and room sounds at the same time.

What Shure 57 would give me higher output is the Beta better for higher output?

The Beta SM series use neodymium magnets, which allow hotter output. But hotter doesn't mean they sound better. How does that make you feel?

What dynamic mics have higher output and pickup more of the surrounding and room sounds?

Electrovoice makes a dynamic omni.

Get yourself a nice LCD multi-pattern condenser mic Walters. The Rode NT2000 is quite nice (not the NT2a). There are others that get mentioned here often, but i'm not familiar with. I think AudioTechnica have a good reputation for smooth mics.

• Members

Kiwi whats the difference between a dynamic Omni VS a Condensor Omni?

The Beta SM series use neodymium magnets, which allow hotter output

I'm thinking of maybe using the Beta SM series now so i can pick up the surrounding more and room space/depth to make my demo more better

What other mics use neodymium magnets?

• Members

Good. Good. And how does that make you feel?

Where - don't worry about Walters. He's fairly harmless - he sticks to his own threads, so if you don't like it just don't read them.

You can put Walters on your ignore list - i've done that a few times.

But it's a bit hard to resist watching - a bit like a train wreck in slow motion.

I'm happy to chat away to Walters on the understanding that he never actually want's correct information. (Try giving him good advice, and he completely ignores it).

There's no point getting mad at him - Phil doesn't like to see people getting nasty.

Walters is only frustrating if you think you can possibly get anywhere with him. You can't - i've tried.

So just enjoy the madness.

• Members

Shure Beta 87A vocal mic?

Shure Beta 58A mic?

Shure Beta 56A mic

these are is a high-output supercardioid dynamic vocal mics

Which Beta neodymium magnets mics are you guys taking about there is so many brands/models of Beta mics which one will record vocals,acoustic guitars,keyboards,bass,electronic guitars for a Beta mic?

• Members

The eletro Voice The EV 635A is a dynamic omni-directional microphone ?

Shure SM63L Shure Omni - Dynamic Mic Long Version

Price: $119.00 - $150.28

"Shure OMNI DYNAMIC HANDHELD MIC, BLACK, 200 mm"

Price: $87.00 - $89.99

Description from Columbia DJ Supply: "The VP64A and VP64AL are high-output omnidirectional handheld dynamic microphones designed for professional audio and video production

Audio-Technica AT804 Omni Dynamic Microphone

Which one should i get or try out im new to this dynamic omni mics?

• Members

Originally posted by UstadKhanAli

For this application, might I recommend the Earthworks mics?
:D

Which end first? Would it be better sounding, if it was that way? I dont see any specs on which end is ass first? Where are you getting that? I dont see it. Earthworks says nothing about ass, I have the manual here, not in the ass, butt (no pun) in front of me. And if the ass is so closed off (like a tube), why would omni be neccesary? Wouldnt cardioid be better in a tube, like an ass? Or is an ass like a tube, or like a hula hoop?

Hes overplayed his hand here, and is just having a bit too much fun at the expense of people actually trying to help him....

"No Mo walters correspondence fo me"

You has been boycotted DUMMY!!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Members

The eletro Voice The EV 635A is a dynamic omni-directional microphone ?

Shure SM63L Shure Omni - Dynamic Mic Long Version

Price: $119.00 - $150.28

"Shure OMNI DYNAMIC HANDHELD MIC, BLACK, 200 mm"

Price: $87.00 - $89.99

Description from Columbia DJ Supply: "The VP64A and VP64AL are high-output omnidirectional handheld dynamic microphones designed for professional audio and video production

Audio-Technica AT804 Omni Dynamic Microphone

Which one should i get or try out im new to this dynamic omni mics?

• Members

The sales man said i need a Good preamp for the NTK because of the impendance matching and frequency respones to pass throught the Preamp im using a Midi buddy preamp and he said thats the problem what do u guys think about getting a better preamp?

What kind of preamps work really good with a NTK?

He said to keep the NTK and buy a good preamp because Omni mic is not going to do anything but gettting a good preamp and the NTK would get my sound

• Members

yea im so sure i got the MONEY for a Rupert Neve Designs

I'm just look for a preamp that would get my home apt. studio to record a demo

OK this is the problem im thinking about buying a korg AX3000 and using shure beta mics with the korg AX3000 for the preamps,eqs,compress and using my GTA with the other Shure beta mic for the preamp,eqs,compression do u guys think this is better?

• Members

I'm just look for a preamp that would get my home apt. studio to record a demo

YOu already have that. If you want to take a step up, get one of those nice Mackies. Or maybe a PreSonus - I hear they don't suck. After that, an FMR RNP.

I only bring up the Portico because it's the one mic preamp that can make your NTK sound like three SM 57s set up around the room!!!

Walters, you should provide a link to some of the music you're working on. Also, do you have a web site?

• Members

OK this is the problem im thinking about buying a korg AX3000 and using shure beta mics with the korg AX3000 for the preamps,eqs,compress and using my GTA with the other Shure beta mic for the preamp,eqs,compression do u guys think this is better?

You have enough money to buy all that stuff but not enough to get a Rupert Neve Designs preamp? It'll solve all your problems. It'll make your NTK sound like three SM 57s set up around the room.

Archived