The Brick Preamp

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that's the sort of question Phil would suggest you use Google or Wikipedia for.

I thought you said you did electronics for a living?

Vacuum tubes have Plates (Anodes) that are positively charged to attract electrons from the Cathode or filament.

A lot of cheap junk toob gear uses low voltage (starved plate) designs so they can crank them out cheap and sell them to guitar players who have been trained to salivate at the sight of a tube. They often light these tubes up with led's to maximise the drool factor.

A true high voltage plate tube design is the real deal. High voltages, hefty transformers, pure Class, eh?

• Members

high voltage plate tube design

yes but what does a preamp that has High voltage plate VS a low voltage plate ? what do they do differently? more DB's more gain more frequency response? whats makes them do different using a high voltage plate preamp VS a low voltage plate preamp?

• Members

if i get a higher plate voltage preamp getting more headroom/dbs/gain the input to my tascam 2488 has a Trimmer

Whats different from a Trimmer preamp in my tascam or DAW because thats going to distort also if u overload it with higher headroom

Is a Trimmer Preamp inside a DAW the same as a Mic preamp or preamp? whats different about them?

• Members

Originally posted by Walters9515

if i get a higher plate voltage preamp getting more headroom/dbs/gain the input to my tascam 2488 has a Trimmer

Whats different from a Trimmer preamp in my tascam or DAW because thats going to distort also if u overload it with higher headroom

Is a Trimmer Preamp inside a DAW the same as a Mic preamp or preamp? whats different about them?

1) The headroom = Trim or in ascending order to the frequencies contained therein. It depends do you think the modulation maybe in accordance with what invariably will work do you think.

2) The difference is regarded as how decibles vs sizzle in the rivets without overloading and the size in relation to overall buzz frequencies in order for the electric ladyland sound?

3) No, but only on some models. Usually sold on the illigitimate market or Best Buy maybe during week. Pans and pots may vary subjectively without proper allignment, but maybe without varispeed oscilators and derivatives therefore the sound will not be the same or at like frequencies as I get from my toaster.

Hope this is helpful

:bor:

• Members

negative Tascam when negative positive Phil kiwi what negative what watery parking lot answer dog food why Fletcher slosh level walters negative NTK my insert dog food swells break the traces why?? flanger tape why kiwi when where kiwi NTK leslie watery postive positive flange when delay when watery why overlapping my solder kiwi what flange delay how gain how when delays Tascam how? insert postive where rotation why how do I flange how why?? delays delayed swells flange tape deck how?? flange where why?? why? break the traces swells I flanger how how?? when cut the traces Phil Tascam guitar centre how? positive cut the traces what why slosh gain volume flange when why overlapp

• Members

Every day, people get the {censored} kicked out of them by cheap, second-rate implements. Be it discount baseball bats, flimsy aluminum pipes, or after-market non-waffle-head hammers, nearly everyone has at one time or another gone through the dehumanizing experience of being severely pummeled with a lesser-quality product. Well, I'm proud to say the crowbar that landed me in the hospital three weeks ago retails for $39.95, and is sold only in the better hardware stores.

Let me tell you, this is the kind of crowbar you'd tell everyone about if your lower jaw hadn't been smashed to pieces.

Sure, it hurt my ego when the Titan SureGrip crowbar was first driven into the back of my head, and yes, I did cry about it for a couple of hours afterwards, but that night, I was hit by something even harder than that 18-inch, curved piece of high-carbon steel: the realization that there's no shame in being beaten down by the best crowbar money can buy.

While I originally harbored some resentment toward my assailant for knocking out 17 of my teeth, all it took was one glance upward through a mist of blood at that blazing Titan logo arcing toward my face to realize I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Even while choking on my vital fluids and drifting in and out of consciousness, it was hard to ignore Titan's superior quality and craftsmanship with each two-handed, overhead blow to my ribcage. Pleading desperately for mercy, I was immediately struck by the crowbar's sturdy hexagonal cross-sectional structure, which prevented any bending of the shaft. Most of all, though, I was floored by how its cushioned SureGrip handle allowed my assailant to confidently pummel away at my helpless face-down frame without fear that it would slip loose.

No way. Not the SureGrip.

As far as durability goes, I'd probably have to rate the hardened and tempered Titan somewhere between "more durable" and "much more durable" than my skull.

The way I see it, if you're going to lose three pints of blood, you might as well lose it to the crowbar most trusted by demolition professionals the world over. After all, how many people can really say they were bludgeoned within an inch of their lives by the only crowbar to receive a perfect five-star rating in Hard Hat News magazine?

Everybody says it must have been some psychopath who beat me and left me for dead. And while at first that seems to make sense, ask yourself this: Would a psychopath purchase the highest-quality crowbar on the market today?

Never.

Sure, I may never be able to walk unassisted, but after months of physical therapy, I will be able to hold my head high. Things could have been a lot worse. For instance, I might have had to live out the remainder of my life with the humiliation of nearly dying at the hands of a mass-produced, stamp-steel-forged crowbar.

At the end of the day, after countless radiology exams and CAT scans, that's what separates me from the rest of the wimps in my ward. While it's possible that many of us will forget our names or what year it is again, I alone will always remember the brand name responsible for the debilitating trauma to my frontal lobe.

• Members

Originally posted by Chad-Chicago

At the end of the day, after countless radiology exams and CAT scans, that's what separates me from the rest of the wimps in my ward. While it's possible that many of us will forget our names or what year it is again, I alone will always remember the brand name responsible for the debilitating trauma to my frontal lobe.

This is all well and good for you, but you HAVE to be honest with yourself AND the rest of us...

...Even without remembering your name, do you GET that SIZZLE effect when you walk?

Be honest now:freak:

• Members

Originally posted by EerieDreamZ

OH mY GODS!! That is hilarious!!!

Now that gets to the next subject.

Do you think that there is enough sizzle on the platter. I mean depending upon the size of the rivets holding the handles in place?

How do I get that sizzle?

With a matched stereo pair of these:

sizzle-q_box.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Walters9515

You are Gay chad if u have to go to strip clubs then your really gay if u can't get a real chick buddy and waste your money because u have no game u are lower than walters:wave:

I see your resorting to name calling again.

Stay on topic!

Archived