looks like I got scammed - $2,000.

• Members

If anyone runs into a Charles Rivera aka mastersonics on ebay aka Omnimedia on the DUC,

Do not do business with him.

I sent him $2,000 for a Procontrol fader pack last Thursday. We had agreed on 2 day shipping, so i expected it to go out on Friday. I emailed him to confirm and never heard from him. i emailed again later that day saying that I was concerned that I hadn't heard from him, as he emailed back with a plausible explanation and promised to ship on Monday. Monday came and went, never heard from him, Tuesday came and went, never heard from him. I emailed him again on tuesday evening asking him to please confirm shipment of the fader pack, never heard back. Ginallly emailed today with an Ultimatum, never heard from him.

the good thing is that I will charge the credit card I used back, but just an FYI to everyone out therer to stay away from this asshole.

-Todd A.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Originally posted by The Chinese

If anyone runs into a Charles Rivera aka mastersonics on ebay aka Omnimedia on the DUC,

Do not do business with him.

I sent him $2,000 for a Procontrol fader pack last Thursday. We had agreed on 2 day shipping, so i expected it to go out on Friday. I emailed him to confirm and never heard from him. i emailed again later that day saying that I was concerned that I hadn't heard from him, as he emailed back with a plausible explanation and promised to ship on Monday. Monday came and went, never heard from him, Tuesday came and went, never heard from him. I emailed him again on tuesday evening asking him to please confirm shipment of the fader pack, never heard back. Ginallly emailed today with an Ultimatum, never heard from him.

the good thing is that I will charge the credit card I used back, but just an FYI to everyone out therer to stay away from this asshole.

-Todd A.

Did you try calling him?

I always ask for:

Current phone number (not a cell)

Current Address

Full Name

I then check it out on Switchboard, to make sure it all lines up. Then I talk to him. It's usually pretty easy to suss out anyone shady.

Sorry about that, and I hope it gets resolved. He may have ha an emergency - I had a E-Bay guy disappear for a few days this fall, and that was the reason.

MG

• Members

Originally posted by MarkGifford-1

Did you try calling him?

I always ask for:

Current phone number (not a cell)

Current Address

Full Name

I then check it out on Switchboard, to make sure it all lines up. Then I talk to him. It's usually pretty easy to suss out anyone shady.

Sorry about that, and I hope it gets resolved. He may have ha an emergency - I had a E-Bay guy disappear for a few days this fall, and that was the reason.

MG

What's switchboard?

He just emailed me back after 4 days, claiming his son fell and got "Whiplash". That doesn't add up...

I replied that i was no longer interested in doing business with him and asked for refund.

We'lll see what happens.

-Todd A.

• Members

Well, No Replys from Mr Rivera Today. I have already put my CC company on notice that I might be initiating a chargeback.

MBNA Is extremely helpful, so if any of you guys need a decent card he he he.

At any rate, my ultimatum to him was that the fader pack ship by Friday or I would being the chargeback process, so until tomorrow....

-Todd A.

Originally posted by EerieDreamZ

Also, no matter WHAT the outcome is...please drop in and let us know what happened.

Best of luck
;)
Mick

+ 1,000

If it turns out it really is a scam, we want to know about it... OTOH, if it's legit, and if the guy had a real problem and makes good on everything, fairness dictates that we should hear about that too. :)

Good luck - I really do hope this all works out for you. :wave:

• Members

If you charged it on a credit card call RIGHT NOW AND CHARGE IT BACK I recently charged back $5000 to a mechanic shop that did not fix my bus to my satisfaction. Look up the Visa Mastercard rules and you'll see the burden of proof is on the vender not you to prove that they deserve the money. They will credit your account, there will be an investigation, nothing will ever come of it and you'll have your cash. DO IT NOW and Please use your head and common sense a bit better next time for your own good bro. It's very easy to check someone out. Get on the phone!

Well, No Replys from Mr Rivera Today. I have already put my CC company on notice that I might be initiating a chargeback.

MBNA Is extremely helpful, so if any of you guys need a decent card he he he.

At any rate, my ultimatum to him was that the fader pack ship by Friday or I would being the chargeback process, so until tomorrow....

-Todd A.

• Members

Update:

I received an email from the seller this AM, stating that he had sent the Fader pack....he provided a FEDEX tracking number.....

That didn't show up in Fedex's System.

I initiated the Chargeback this AM before I got his email.

So now it's gotten more complicated. It's possible that the Number isn't in FEDEX because it's onthe truck I suppose, but I kinda doubt it. If it arrives, then I will drop the dispute.

We'll see....

-Todd A.

• Members

Originally posted by sventvkg

If you charged it on a credit card call RIGHT NOW AND CHARGE IT BACK I recently charged back $5000 to a mechanic shop that did not fix my bus to my satisfaction. Look up the Visa Mastercard rules and you'll see the burden of proof is on the vender not you to prove that they deserve the money. They will credit your account, there will be an investigation, nothing will ever come of it and you'll have your cash. DO IT NOW and Please use your head and common sense a bit better next time for your own good bro. It's very easy to check someone out. Get on the phone!

You're 100% correct; I did vet him as best I thought I could. I checked his business out, I checked his ebay feedback, i emailed him my concerns, he was polite and articulate in responding to me at that point. Bottom line is that Scam artist have gotten very good at pulling {censored} off, and that hurts the rest of us-You just sometimes don't know what to think. It's possible I over-reacted here, but it's a situation of his making - all he had to do was stay in touch and I would have given him the benefit of the doubt.

-Todd A.

• Members

Update:

I received an email from the seller this AM, stating that he had sent the Fader pack....he provided a FEDEX tracking number.....

That didn't show up in Fedex's System.

I initiated the Chargeback this AM before I got his email.

So now it's gotten more complicated. It's possible that the Number isn't in FEDEX because it's onthe truck I suppose, but I kinda doubt it. If it arrives, then I will drop the dispute.

We'll see....

-Todd A.

Don't forget that if you check status before the driver got back to the terminal to download the scanner it won't show up in their system. You likely won't see anything there until the next day.

• Members

Originally posted by daklander

Don't forget that if you check status before the driver got back to the terminal to download the scanner it won't show up in their system. You likely won't see anything there until the next day.

Well, the latest update -

He Gave me the "wrong" tracking number. I have the "correct" one now, and it appears to be in transit. From what I can tell, he actually put it in transit after i called him on the wrong number...however, that could be because of what you said here.

Bottom line is that he sent a very harshly worded emai to me in which he stated that I was a "typical ignorant person", asked if he needed to change my diapers, acccused me of being predjudiced toward Non-Americans, and told me he coulddn't figure out it is I've been sucessful in my career with the attitude I had.

Well, that about sums it up, I'd say.

-Todd A.

• Members

update:

Seller decided to public on the DUC and posted a number of posts which were incredibly insulting and demeaning. I posted back and refuted his points in a calm rational manner. He then made a post in which he called me "Chino" (spanish racial slur for chinese person). So I realized it had gotten out of hand and contacted the adminat the DUC and they pulled the thread. Seller then emailed me this:

Todd...

as much as I tried to be reasonable with you

I can't so:

F*** *** VERY MUCH

this is actually amusing

how much I wish that you were in front of me

so I could make you eat those ignorant/stupid words

5 minutes that's all i want....

but then again

i see that you are such an ignorant piece of s***

to even think about me wasting my valuable time

maybe someday I'll be in LA

so we could meet and settle this personally

but I think you are just a distressed puppy

just wanting to be a big dog.

oh boy

how much it hurts to finally loose this circus?

lol!

regards,

CJ

So, I think that pretty much says it all.

what I can't understand is how I have "lost" the "circus"... If he shipped me the fader pack, and I have disputed the charge, seems like I am in the driver's seat....

I'll do the right thing and lift the dispute (shuld it be legit), but it's awfully tempting to give this guy a hard time.

Unbelievable. Next time, I am just going to insist on a lot more information before i send any money, and if the seller doesn't like it, then I walk. This hassle just isn't worth the time.

-Todd A.

• Members

Update:

I received the fader pack today. It is somewhat damaged. 7 of the faders have been skewed to the right. The Packaging is definitely the problem-The seller pacekd it in a box the same dimensions as the fader pack, and just tossed some newspaper and 1 layer of bubblewrap to protect it. This guy is a piece of work.

So what do you think I should do?

A) Lift the dispute and pay in full, eat the expense of repairs

B) Refuse to lift the repair and send it back to seller

C) Get unit fixed and send new payment minus the repair charges

It will be interesting to see what the seller says at this point, things are extremely sour between us.

What a PITA.

-Todd A.

P1010001.jpg

• Members

Dang man, what a freaking mess!

I'd leave the dispute. This thing was a mess from the getgo, and I would not trust the seller. Tell him to call Fedex to come and inspect the damage. If they claim it's poor packing, tell the guy he needs to send a call tag to have it picked up and shipped back to him.

• Members

Normally, you would want to contact the seller so he could file a damage claim. Sending it back may screw that up. I don't think he deserves that kind of consideration at this point, though.

You should probably discuss this with your credit card company. Let them tell you how to procede in accordance with their rules.

I think at this point I would gladly pay the $10 return shipping to be rid of the situation. If you do ship at your expense, make sure it's insured and trackable. If you return it at his expense, be sure to get the tracking number before sending it.