Bucking frequencys

• Members

Originally posted by Walters9515

So how does the humbucker pick phase cancel?

Because if the two coils in the humbucker pickup are

180 degrees out of phase wouldn't that Cancel all frequency

i don't get how a humbucker pickup works really

Is there a website or theory about this how it works

and how it cancels out frequencys?

The trick is in the magnets ha cha cha

• Members

bucked the hum" was dubbed the Gibson "Humbucker." It featured twin coils wired in parallel and out-of-phase,

Parallel coils and out of phase - wouldn't that cancel all frequencys

then?

Why they call it Bucked if its a humphase?

Walters, please explain how they are different, as YOU understand it. If, as you assert, they are 2 different things, then explain how you know at least that much. -- Lee knight

• Members

Originally posted by MorePaul

Walters, please explain how they are different, as YOU understand it. If, as you assert, they are 2 different things, then explain how you know at least that much. -- Lee knight

Not only that, but what is the point of posting a website that EXPLAINS what you are asking if (based on your own verbage and history of ignoring them) you wont bother to go look at it.

Hint: Google, wikipedia, sound on sound. etc etc ad nauseum.

• Members

I don't have enough information to know the difference so i can explain it right now

I'm guessing that Bucking is a "Form" of "Polarity" and "inversions" of phase so its really not phase cancellations

its a Polarity and inversions

The Magnetic inversions i need more information about and i will get it hold on

Bucking doesn't use phase(time) to cancel out frequencys

it uses inversions and polaritys that are inbetween 0-180 degress but its not a Time degree like phase

• Members

I don't have enough information to know the difference so i can explain it right now

it uses inversions and polaritys that are inbetween 0-180 degress but its not a Time degree like phase

ah, these 2 statements are at odds -- the 1st says that you can't authoritatively comment on the second!

Hint : when asking questions...use this "?", not this "." or this "!"

• Members

It's a start!

(I mean it's a way to trying to patch the seam in the character -- the think is aas the acotr, you already showed your hand...it really is like watching your angles in sleight of hand)

see you already broke the dance face..you should work with that, it'l add richness to the act

• Members

Single-coil vs. "humbucking" pickups:

The first electric guitars all used single-coil pickups. As you might expect, a single coil pickup has only one coil of wire. It may have a single magnet, a single magnet with screws for adjustable pole pieces, or a separate magnet for each string. Regardless of the number and arrangement of magnets, it is still a single coil pickup if it has only one coil of wire.

Unfortunately, in addition to producing an electrical signal from a vibrating magnetic field, a coil of wire has one other less desireable (for our purposes) property -- it is a very efficient antenna. A coil of wire will "pluck" electromagnetic radiation out of the air, and we are surrounded everywhere by this radiation -- most noteably the sixty-cycle hum from building wiring, nasty electrical noises from flourescent lighting, and so on. Single-coil pickups are susceptible to hum. The hum can be controlled to a great degree with shielding and carefull wiring -- but it seems the manufacturer's can't be bothered with this.

In 1955, a Gibson

• Members

Here are some tips to help keep you healthy and germ-free during these cold winter months:

Cold And Flu Prevention Tips

* Sneezing into a handkerchief just redirects germs back at you. Always sneeze outward so as to shoot germs as far across the room as possible.

* Pack your sinus cavities with Vicks Vap-O-Rub to fully mentholate your respiratory system.

* Do not blow your stuffed nose into tissues

• Members

I'm guessing that Bucking is a "Form" of "Polarity" and "inversions" of phase so its really not phase cancellations

its a Polarity and inversions

The Magnetic inversions i need more information about and i will get it hold on

BUSTED!!

This dude is just yanking everyones chain :D

• Members

The magnet only has 2 options zero degrees in phase

and 180 degrees out of phase or polarity inverse

So i still don't understand about how a humbucker pickup works really it seems to me a humbucker pickup is a "comb filter"

Phase cancellation= notching out the "Same" frequency

Bucking cancellation= reverse Polarity of the "Same" frequency

Archived