phase+ time delay

• Members

If i have a "FIXED" phase shift filter in series with a flanger or delay chip what happens?

The notches of the Phase shift get added in series with the recorded BBD or delay CPU chip

The phase creates notches different than a flanger creates notches in series how would these notches added up

(morepaul,smokeman stop taking over my threads im sick of it)

its getting really annoying

• Members

Originally posted by Walters9515

(morepaul,smokeman stop taking over my threads im sick of it)

But I'm helping brotha!

With a little (OK, maybe a lot) of tuning you can ask good questions AND improve the walters act at the same time

it's synergistic!

I realize you can't break character and acknowledge it - that's OK

but you made some good strides in the recent past...yes, it's been 2 steps forward..one step back, but that's part of the process

you actually tried some new ideas which was great! -- yes, there were problems with the execution, but we'll get to that...the important part is you tried some new techniques

its getting really annoying

Well, it is always hard to get critique, esp with a character into which one has invested so much - but it is exaclty then when progress is made!

but even the critique is a reflection of the character itself -- think about it in terms of the Walters character itself...would the (has the) walters character stop if asked to?

It's part of the schtick! and so, in commenting on that, the comments are going to reflect that

• Members

Mess up?!? on the contrary

If we fix the problem with the walters character, we can have good discussion AND the act can continue with GREATER impact

I mean, it's not the questions that are bad - ome of them are actually quite decent

The problem is usually 2 or 3 posts in..that springing the punchline too quickly, letting the walters character get into the same pattern before the convo really gets going with information AND audience "buy in"

not "mess up" at all...seriously -- if we work on the walters character we can have our cake and eat it too!!

it can be a win win!

• Members

If i have a "FIXED" phase shift filter in series with a flanger or delay chip what happens?

The notches of the Phase shift get added in series with the recorded BBD or delay CPU chip

The phase creates notches different than a flanger creates notches in series how would these notches added up

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Phil tell morepaul and smoke man to stop this annoying multiple posting trash im sick of this changing my subject and thread

• Members

hmm, well actually I'm not changing the subject of the thread

(come to think of it, I believe this is the first thread wherein I am addressing the character problems BEFORE discussing the explicit questions asked...seriously, review the threads!)

but rather adressing the implied problems with the threads posted by the walters character - specifically so we can continue the discussion without the problems in the current walters performance

See, even here you are expanding your repitiore -- it's a good thing , a monumental good thing

already, the character is more interesting (granted it's still the same direction and really rhythm, but you are "accenting" things differently...playing different angles, etc)

so it's a process of improvement!

for your benefit as a performer AND as a forum member, and for the forum in general

Win win!

we'l work through it...it's already getting better! (small improveements, but at least we're off dead-center)

• Members

Thats morepaul for ruining my thread***************

Back to my thread again:

• Members

Thats morepaul for ruining my thread***************

not ruining, merely addressing chronic and systemic problems with the walters performance so that the convo can happen

Notice how in past threads we've discussed the topic, but then the performance problems with playing walters would stall it so early...often stalling a decent question

so here, I figure...let's address the walters character performance problem FIRST (as opposed to after the act starts falling apart) then, hopefully (and I don't anyone expect perfection here, it's a process..everyone understands that) we can get to the "meat" of the question without the walters character "de-rezzing" too quickly

with a little hard work and cooperation (again, I realize you can't come out of character...that's OK...just work toward the goal) we can make this a good thing!

• Members

• Members

Morepaul your worse than my chick shut up

• Members

Morepaul your worse than my chick shut up

That is a telling point -- there really are a number of people who care about your personal improvement!

It is certainly difficult to hear, esp from multiple directions, about problems with human interaction.

Now, here on the forums, we are dealing with the performance of the Walters character...but if your "chick" is also raising points, perhaps the 'method' behind the Walters character and how you relate to that indicates something in your personal life

please don't take that as an indictment...it's not...we are people.

But you can use that perspective to improve

-your personal relationships

-your performance of Walters as a character

-the general craft of your acting

-your interaction with the forum in general

I think it's a very very good thing that you are looking at this in a deeper, more holoistic way...it's obvious that you identify with the Walters character and through that connection you may very well be able to explore parts of your personal life and, through that reflection, improve the Walters character at the same time

you are making tremendous -- TREMENDOUS strides here, as a persona and as an actor!

I, for one, applaud your personal honesty in allowing yourself to bring to the table parts of your -the actor portraying the walters character - personal life. It's an exposure, it's scary, it's growth

as an actor and as a person!

• Members

god dame it ****************************************

u just messed up my whole thread again and again do u ever stop it morepaul

Interesting that you have YET to discover the "Ignore" button. And once again, I never take over anyone's thread. If you ask a question that I might have an answer to I will give it to you (AND everyone else reading).

As stated before the threads tdo not "belong" to you.

Get over yourself.

:freak:

Archived