NAMM Show - Who's going? Rumors? What should we check on for everyone?

• Members

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

Now THAT'S a rumor worth checking out!
:)
I can assure you I will look into that LIMiT!
:cool:

It's true, according to Sweetwater :

Digidesign Music Production Toolkit

Digidesign also announced two outstanding packages for Pro Tools LE and Pro Tools M-Powered users. The Digidesign Music Production Toolkit (available soon) offers a selection of essential tools to easily expand the creative power of these systems. The Music Production Toolkit puts a wide range of capabilities for composing, editing, mixing, remixing, or all of the above, all within easy reach.

Digidesign Music Production Toolkit Features:

* Digidesign Hybrid synthesizer

* TL Space Native Edition convolution reverb

* Smack! LE compressor/limiter

* SoundReplacer drum replacement tool

* DINR LE intelligent noise reduction tool

* Multi-track Beat Detective rhythm analysis and correction tool

* Up to 48 mono or 48 stereo tracks at up to 96 kHz

* Pro Tools MP3 option

* Included upgrade to Pro Tools 7.1 software

Depending on pricing, that's probably enough to make me jump to PTLE 7 now.

--Mark

[Edit -- Digidesign lists it for $495.]

• Members

SWEET!!!!!!!

kind of odd you can have 48 mono or 48 stereo but not 96 mono. guess if i do get this i'll be using stereo tracks more often than 2 mono. what i really love is that they included sound replacer.

i looked on digi's site and saw the dvtoolkit bundle includes the above bundle and is $1300 now! thats alot of moola for some timecode and OMF. the hybrid synth plug looks like it could be cool. and its also nice they have another freebie plug, Expand!.

• Members

Originally posted by EngineGuitarist

I looked on digi's site and saw the dvtoolkit bundle includes the above bundle ...

Actually, I don't think that's quite true. Some of the MP Toolkit is included in the DV Toolkit, but it looks like key (to me anyway) things like multi-track Beat Detective and Soundreplacer aren't part of the DV Toolkit. The way I read it, you'd need to buy both to get the combo, unless Digi comes out with yet a third bundle.

--Mark

Originally posted by Red Winger

Actually, I don't think that's quite true. Some of the MP Toolkit is included in the DV Toolkit, but it looks like key (to me anyway) things like multi-track Beat Detective and Soundreplacer aren't part of the DV Toolkit. The way I read it, you'd need to buy both to get the combo, unless Digi comes out with yet a third bundle.

--Mark

Correct - but the 48 tracks (mono OR stereo) feature is now a part of the DV Toolkit. :)

BTW, you should also all check out the new Xpand softsynth plug in - it's a freebie! :) Free is good. :D I'm going to snag a copy of the disk at NAMM today, and soon it will be available on CD for a small handling fee from Digidesign - due to its size, they are not planning on offering it as a download.

http://www.digidesign.com/

• Members

I'll be there Saturday.

I'll be the guy with his hand over "his" nametag.

BTW... that is me in my avatar. And I look just like that. In, you know, the right lighting. You will know me by my attitude. *

Which is, you know, always sunny and bright. :love:

[Never thought I'd use that icon. Did I mention, perchance, I have a new coffee maker? I thought so. Oops, gotta go, I just noticed a shiny object.]

*[That referred to my previous avatar. But, hell, this one looks just like me, too. Look for the Pop Group t-shirt.]

• Moderators

Sorry I didn't get to meet anyone while I was there. I did wave to Phil and introduce myself all while we were both walking quickly in different directions.

I enjoyed the Pro Tools demonstrations this year a lot. They really had a very well done presentation going on no matter when you showed up. Each presentaion building on the previous, mixing or creating a tune right before your eyes. Very well done. I spent 3 hours Saturday just at Digi.

Archived