NAMM Show - Who's going? Rumors? What should we check on for everyone?

• Members

Hey....

I won't be there, but there are alot of rumours going around the DUC that Digidesign will be announcing a payable upgrade to 48 tracks for LE.

I've been fine so far with 32, ...but 48 tracks would help when comping guitars and vox/ bk vox...

those who are attending...please share this with us if there is any truth to this rumour!

Cheers,

-LIMiT

Originally posted by Lee Knight

BTW Phil... , that's not me in my avatar thankfully so don't go looking for him:). If I see you I'll say heh.

Uh Lee... that's not me in my avatar either. ;) Okay, a small part of that is me, and the rest is a photoshop job done by a friend. Hate to break it to you... ;):D

Originally posted by LIMiT

Hey....

I won't be there, but there are alot of rumours going around the DUC that Digidesign will be announcing a payable upgrade to 48 tracks for LE.

I've been fine so far with 32, ...but 48 tracks would help when comping guitars and vox/ bk vox...

those who are attending...please share this with us if there is any truth to this rumour!

Cheers,

-LIMiT

Now THAT'S a rumor worth checking out! :) I can assure you I will look into that LIMiT! :cool:

• Members

i want to know about 1 thing. well 3 things actually. Apogee's Symphony, Ensemble, and Maestro.

just how low can the latency go? if its negligable im very interested. Logic could be on digi's tail if they can do a high number without the latency. but I'm sceptical of maestro, something tells me it will be funky needing a different app for your hardware and software integration. if it works easily tho.......

but the price on the site is non existent it just says marketing {censored} like "great converters for under $2000". im curious.

if you have no idea what the hell im talking about, and would like to, check out Apogee's site.

Originally posted by scapier

BTW

Does anyone know if the new mBox2 has a low latency mode like the 002?

Spencer

Not sure Spencer. My daughter just got one, so I can check - but I'll be at NAMM before I see her, so that's probably quicker. IIRC, it does have the input balance knob (source / playback) just like the original mBox does, so you can still track new parts with high buffer settings if you have to.

Originally posted by scapier

48!?!

Okay that would be totally worth while. On serious mixes you really could use extra tracks for auxes and stuff. Would I have to upgrade to 7 is the question. I'm holding back to be honest.

Spencer

I would imagine you would have to upgrade to PT LE 7 if this is indeed true.

BTW, 7 supports more auxes / sends / inserts than 6.X did. :)

Man, this is getting confusing - I really thought that WAS you! Now how in the heck am I supposed to know everyone by sight if their avatars are not true representations of what they REALLY look like?

I suppose the next thing someone is going to tell me is that BLips isn't actually a giant set of, um, lips. ;)

• Moderators

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

Man, this is getting confusing - I really thought that WAS you! Now how in the heck am I supposed to know everyone by sight if their avatars are not true representations of what they REALLY look like?

I suppose the next thing someone is going to tell me is that BLips isn't actually a giant set of, um, lips.
;)

You MOCK me? OK, here I am for reals.

Archived