Advice on sound treatment of my recording room

• Members

Hi Phil (and other learned and wise members of this forum),

In a recernt post (one of several to the theme of acoutic properties of my recording room) you offered to give me advice if I would send you more detailed info about my recording space.

I am convinced that I have a problem which is holding me back from improving my results. I am convinced that I must address this issue prior to even considering any additional equipment.

Well here it is. It is in the form a a ppt presentation. I have photos and a schematic included. I am having trouble attaching this file to this message. What do you recommend?

I intend to also consult with Mr. Ethan Winer's company RealTraps.com, about which I have read positive reviews.

I would greatly appreciate your advice as well.

Thank you,

ES; :wave:

• Members

Just looking at the photos I think your speakers are tucked in a bit of a cave there. Try giving them more clearance by moving the rack and the other piece of furniture. The brick wall is a bit reflective I would think too. Try putting a heavy theatrical fabric curtain behind your desk. Those two things alone would make a big difference IMOP.

Spencer

Archived