Edwards guitars

• Members

Edwards Models

Edwards guitars are the most under-rated guitar brand in Japan to date. They use bookmatched woods, nitro

top coat finishes, Fender and Gibson-size fret wire, identical dimension-matching, and have Seymour Duncan

SSL or SH series pickups stock. They cost anywhere from $850 - $1,200 new. They are designed as the

lower-cost version of the Navigator series, but they are really not that much lower in terms of craftsmanship,

only price. Edwards guitars are made as Gibson and Fender replicas as well, but at a price most people can

afford, and they are the real rivals of the Fender and Gibson guitar, because they are in a price range that is

a little less. For what you get, Edwards brand is the best value in electric guitars today, in my opinion, if you

are looking for a Fender or Gibson clone and don

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

You're spot on. Time was that Burny was the brand to look for for these attributions; no longer. Burny flipped out and sent manufacturing to China. The new Burny is Edwards, meaning that you get the best for the lowest price.

Burny used to be the Japanese manufacturer that gave it all to you for the lowest price possible. Not unlike Oldsmobile, for those that remember them.

IMHO Edwards and Agile give you the most for the money.

• Members

I think the ESP/Edwards models are great. I've only tried the LP copies but I really want one. Still kicking myself in the head for not having more gear money when I was in Japan.

I think the Edwards models are better than the Tokais (excluding the LS-200 and LS-320), they come with better electronics and I think slightly better craftmanship. Not that Tokais aren't good, Edwards are just a bit better. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that the Edwards models I tried were quite light, certainly lighter than my Fenix LP at least.

japan-edwards01.jpg

japan-edwards02.jpg

Photographs by yours truly.

• Members

Edwards guitars are only for sale within Japan, as most their line would attract a lawsuit from most other companies outside of Japan.

As a matter of fact if I'm right, Edwards are made in the same house as ESP guitars, and that's why you'll see that they also make the "budget" version of ESP artist guitars, not that there's any difference in make, other than the parts and brands used.

I think it's wrong to say that Edwards copies off Navigator guitars, as Navigators would also attract a lawsuit and are not sold outside Japan. They're pretty much ESP's premier "copy" line.

I have 2 Edwards guitar, both limited edition, the EP-150-A and EP-158-A. (Both Pierrot's guitarist Aiji signature model)

I got them when I was in Japan.

Very very nice. But now, I love my ESP. You can see those guitars in this thread:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=864327&pagenumber=3

• Members

Originally posted by Iori

Edwards guitars are only for sale within Japan, as most their line would attract a lawsuit from most other companies outside of Japan.

As a matter of fact if I'm right, Edwards are made in the same house as ESP guitars, and that's why you'll see that they also make the "budget" version of ESP artist guitars, not that there's any difference in make, other than the parts and brands used.

I think it's wrong to say that Edwards copies off Navigator guitars, as Navigators would also attract a lawsuit and are not sold outside Japan. They're pretty much ESP's premier "copy" line.

I have 2 Edwards guitar, both limited edition, the EP-150-A and EP-158-A. (Both Pierrot's guitarist Aiji signature model)

I got them when I was in Japan.

Very very nice. But now, I love my ESP. You can see those guitars in this thread:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=864327&pagenumber=3

The only one you forgot was Grassroots, ESP's bottom of the line.

• Members

Here are my two Edwards LP's...they are fantastic guitars for the money, and can be found at greatly discounted prices in Japan...luckily I have a friend over there who helped me out. I also have two recent production Japanese Tokai's and an Epi Elite...all great guitars, but the workmanship on the Edwards is slightly better, and they come with real Duncan pickups. One of my Edwards has the Poly finish, the other Laquer...

edwardslp90.jpg

edwardslp.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by BrokenRomeo

edwardslp.jpg

Ishibashi said they'd sell me that guitar for 99,000 yen with shipping, but I've seen it other places for about 75,000 yen without shipping. Would you say I'm getting ripped off, or are they the only place that'll really ship and sell to the U.S.?

Nice guitars, by the way.

• Members

Originally posted by FloodsCFHCG

Ishibashi said they'd sell me that guitar for 99,000 yen with shipping, but I've seen it other places for about 75,000 yen without shipping. Would you say I'm getting ripped off, or are they the only place that'll really ship and sell to the U.S.?

Nice guitars, by the way.

ishibashi charges about 12,000 yen for shipping to the US via EMS. I wouldn't say they are ripping you off, but you should check what the other place charges for shipping to US first.