Replacing EMG Covers?

wtfg89

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Shocker

I find pointing out your ironic statements and half-cocked reasoning out amusing. The fact that you can't either take a joke or leave an issue alone when it's been shown that you neither have a clue what you're talking about, nor have a clue that you're clueless, adds further to the amusement. I put smileys at the end of some of my correspondence with you because you honestly are one of the funniest people I've seen on this board, and talking with you is like finding out what's on the mind of a fern. Have fun.
:)

//S

You don't even know what irony IS if you think I've been ironic in this thread.

You have now stooped to baseless insults.

• Members

Originally posted by ranalli

Continuing the "EMG Hate Crusade" on this forum too??

Yeah good work......unfortunately you're wrong.

EMGs don't cost that much more than Duncans AND you get the pots.

Who gives a {censored} about R&D work....they have a high demand for their product...who wouldn't charge alot??

Just because YOU don't like them and can't find a use for them is no reason to bash them....

I give a {censored} about R&D work because it justifies a higher price.

Peavey doesn't charge a premium for higher demand products(the 6505 went DOWN this past year as all other things went up, despite the fact that they could have kept the price the same).

I wouldn't.

It's good ETHICS to charge enough to make a profit that's REASONABLE.

Charging $4000 for something that took you 20 minutes and 2c to make is unethical, unless developing that process cost you a significant amount of time/effort/money.

• Members

One thing I dont understand about Emg, is them coming out with "signature" pickup sets that are just their normal pickups.

I saw on the front page of HC a minute ago; the Kerry King signature Emg set. All it is is an 81 and a 85 with a preamp. Come on. Pretty lame.

• Members

Originally posted by TheGZeus,OnFire

Peavey doesn't charge a premium for higher demand products(the 6505 went DOWN this past year as all other things went up, despite the fact that they could have kept the price the same).

I wouldn't.

Charging $4000 for something that took you 20 minutes and 2c to make is unethical, unless developing that process cost you a significant amount of time/effort/money.

are you familiar with capitalism and free-market economics? Tell me if you are, because then i'll save some breath lecturing you about them.

Why change a product if people like it?

• Members

I wouldn't.

You know NOTHING about business....supply and demand.

And there obviously was R&D on it in the past....why shouldn't they make money off of it in the future??

Shouldn't Duncan lower the price on the C5??? Shouldn't Duncan lower the prices on all their pickups once they aren't doing tons of R&D on them anymore??

Please...get with the program and learn how business *really* run.

Again, just because YOU can't figure out how to make them work for you, don't bash the company and cry about how expensive they are when EVERY pickup company is over-priced when you think about it.

• Members

Originally posted by EdgySwingsetAcid

One thing I dont understand about Emg, is them coming out with "signature" pickup sets that are just their normal pickups.

I saw on the front page of HC a minute ago; the Kerry King signature Emg set. All it is is an 81 and a 85 with a preamp. Come on. Pretty lame.

It's not like their charging any more for it?? THey're just selling them as sets that actual artists use. Duncan does a similar thing by selling their pickups in recommended packages although no real artists are endorsing them.

• Members

And there obviously was R&D on it in the past....why shouldn't they make money off of it in the future??

Shouldn't Duncan lower the price on the C5??? Shouldn't Duncan lower the prices on all their pickups once they aren't doing tons of R&D on them anymore??

Again, just because YOU can't figure out how to make them work for you, don't bash the company and cry about how expensive they are when EVERY pickup company is over-priced when you think about it.

w0rd

• Members

It's not like their charging any more for it?? THey're just selling them as sets that actual artists use. Duncan does a similar thing by selling their pickups in recommended packages although no real artists are endorsing them.

That has nothing to do with my gripe. The fact that they slap someones name on it and call it a "signature set" is my only gripe.

• Members

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

Are you suggesting that businesses invest money into R&D in order to hopefully reap greater profits than they put into it? Get the {censored} out of HERE.

Compressors compressing compression is evil in this thread. :D

//S

• Members

Originally posted by Shocker

Are you suggesting that businesses invest money into R&D in order to hopefully reap greater profits than they put into it? Get the {censored} out of HERE.

I know it's off the wall right?? Who would have thought that companies might want to make the most money possible with the least amount of effort??

Those people that own the parking lots in NYC....{censored}ing robbers....what R&D have they done??

• Members

Originally posted by The Anti-Fender

are you familiar with capitalism and free-market economics? Tell me if you are, because then i'll save some breath lecturing you about them.

Why change a product if people like it?

Yeah, doesn't make it RIGHT.

"Hey, stab me in the face." You can still say no.

• Members

Duncan is constantly doing R&D on newer pikcups to get the tone their customers ask for.

Supply and demand is one part of business.

They've recouped all their R&D and can thus lower the price.

• Members

Duncan is constantly doing R&D on newer pikcups to get the tone their customers ask for.

IF the market demands that they do. I'm sure they have people a lot smarter than you or I to determine that.

Then again, I'M the one who thinks he knows how the world works. :rolleyes:

//S

• Members

Yeah, it does.

{censored}ing the the inherent sound of something offends me.

but more what I'm talking about ere is the fact that EMG has poor business practices and hasn't done anything new in 30 years.

what, like Fender? ;)

• Members

No offense, but you HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

You would run any business into the ground so fast if you haven't done it already.

No company would EVER lower their price after they recouped R&D cost ESPECIALLY if their was still a high demand for their product....Duncan included.

And what's all this R&D that Duncan is doing?? Please...it's {censored}ing magnets, wires, and bobbins.....they're not designing the {censored}ing space shuttle.

It's all about $$$....NOT R&D.

• Members

No offense, but you HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

You would run any business into the ground so fast if you haven't done it already.

No company would EVER lower their price after they recouped R&D cost ESPECIALLY if their was still a high demand for their product....Duncan included.

And what's all this R&D that Duncan is doing?? Please...it's {censored}ing magnets, wires, and bobbins.....they're not designing the {censored}ing space shuttle.

It's all about $$$....NOT R&D.

So waht if it's wires and magnets? Artist testing of differnt wind/magnet combinations of... GUESS WHAT! RESEARCH AND DEVELOPEMENT!

Peavey started out selling to make a decent profit while staying affordable.

They never strayed.

You are ignoring ETHICS.

• Members

So waht if it's wires and magnets? Artist testing of differnt wind/magnet combinations of... GUESS WHAT! RESEARCH AND DEVELOPEMENT!

Peavey started out selling to make a decent profit while staying affordable.

They never strayed.

You are ignoring ETHICS.

So it's unethical for them to deny you the right to buy pickups you don't even like so that you will not use them?

Hold on, let me tell Bono, I'm sure he, the President of India and the Pope are presently outraged over the third world's inability to buy EMGs for their Gibsons.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

//S

• Members

Originally posted by RockinIt

is it possible to fit a generic chrome cover onto an EMG?

look, he asked a simple question. why must some of you go off with rants about why you don't like the pickups and all the other garbage in this thread that has nothing to do with this question!?

who cares if you like them or don't like them. that's not what this thread was about.

as for the question, i was actually wondering this myself earlier tonight and then came on here and saw this thread. freaky.

• Members

Originally posted by seven7

look, he asked a simple question. why must some of you go off with rants about why you don't like the pickups and all the other garbage in this thread that has nothing to do with this question!?

who cares if you like them or don't like them. that's not what this thread was about.

as for the question, i was actually wondering this myself earlier tonight and then came on here and saw this thread. freaky.

Hell I even gave an answer!

I said the anniversany ones wer insanely expensive and why, they agreed they were too expensive, and jumped down my throat.

• Members
Originally posted by seven7

Because if we don't keep these things floating near the top, nobody will find them and we have to go through it all over again next week.

Did you plan to do a search, or were you just gonna post a thread but happened to notice this one?;)

You got 2000 posts, you know how this works.

• Members
Originally posted by jjpistols

Because if we don't keep these things floating near the top, nobody will find them and we have to go through it all over again next week.

Did you plan to do a search, or were you just gonna post a thread but happened to notice this one?
;)

You got 2000 posts, you know how this works.

ha!

i didn't plan on doing a search, . it was just a passing thought. nothing that i'm serious about. i like the black emg cover i have fine. i just happened to see the thread and it caught my eye.

Archived