Replacing EMG Covers?

wtfg89

• Members

Originally posted by TheGZeus,OnFire

Yeah, and when someone expresses their opinion, the mature thing to do is to call them a homo.

GENIUS.

ermm... he didn't. You are whiney though, damn ner every post i've seen you in you're bitching about Gibson, whether it's related to the subject at hand or not.....

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

does anyone have any pictures of the inside of an EMG, ive always wanted to tear one apart but ive never seen one that didnt work, they were all good and not worth tearing apart. Maybe some one got one free for a review or somthing and tore the cover off. I want to see the poles and the electronics in em.

• Members

Originally posted by RockinIt

i actually did call him a homo....because it was rude for him to come in here and hit the "insta-{censored}" button and ruin it

I stand corrected, I was going by:

haha you are so whiney its awesome. im calling it a night.

which is what he quoted.....

• Members

Yeah, anyone who doesn't agree with you should shut up or be insulted.

Sayeth the guy who implied that RockIt was whining and "needed a hug" with that picture?

//S

• Members

I don't think I have heard many good reviews of Lace Sensor pickups. They might be more technically advanced but most people seem to hate them as much as the this guy hates EMG.

It must be a personal taste thing.

Max

• Members

Originally posted by Shocker

Sayeth the guy who implied that RockIt was whining and "needed a hug" with that picture?

//S

No, that image is homosexual in nature.

You have NO sense of humour and beleive you understand the world.

These are two of the worst things someone can posses.

• Members

Originally posted by maxnew40

I don't think I have heard many good reviews of Lace Sensor pickups. They might be more technically advanced but most people seem to hate them as much as the this guy hates EMG.

It must be a personal taste thing.

Max

But at least it IS the tone of the pickup.

EMGs are NORMAL pikcups with an EQ, compressor and mild distortion unit built into one unit using old-fashioned parts.

Also, alot of people didn't raise Sensors high enough(high as possible) and were also expecting a traditional sound.

THey didn't get what they expected.

• Members

You're projecting. :)

//S

• Members

I know I don't understand the world, and you'd need to actually TELL A JOKE rahter than say something you find humorous for some odd reason and put a smiley after liek that would help.

I find pointing out your ironic statements and half-cocked reasoning out amusing. The fact that you can't either take a joke or leave an issue alone when it's been shown that you neither have a clue what you're talking about, nor have a clue that you're clueless, adds further to the amusement. I put smileys at the end of some of my correspondence with you because you honestly are one of the funniest people I've seen on this board, and talking with you is like finding out what's on the mind of a fern. Have fun. :)

//S

• Members

Continuing the "EMG Hate Crusade" on this forum too??

Yeah good work......unfortunately you're wrong.

EMGs don't cost that much more than Duncans AND you get the pots.

Who gives a {censored} about R&D work....they have a high demand for their product...who wouldn't charge alot??

Just because YOU don't like them and can't find a use for them is no reason to bash them....

• Members

But at least it IS the tone of the pickup.

EMGs are NORMAL pikcups with an EQ, compressor and mild distortion unit built into one unit using old-fashioned parts.

I get it now - remember when GZeus had that big huge rant against compression? I guess this falls into that...boy that was funny too.

• Members

hahaha.

il ressurect this thread for the morning crew. i could have SWORN someone had posted about taking apart their EMGs. it'd probably be alot more cost effective to get the covers. and mold them down on the inside to fit on the emg. make the covers fit the emg not the emg fit the covers. ya know?
;)

that would be "4nkam" you could pm him and politely ask him for pics. ;)

• Members

I thought the two worst things you could posess are Gibsons and EMGs?

Gibsons WITH EMGs must be the devil's own design. . .

:D

• Members

hahaha.

il ressurect this thread for the morning crew. i could have SWORN someone had posted about taking apart their EMGs. it'd probably be alot more cost effective to get the covers. and mold them down on the inside to fit on the emg. make the covers fit the emg not the emg fit the covers. ya know?
;)

Wow, this thread really took off :)

I replaced my EMG "covers" with some gold ones with fake pole pieces:

This is the second pickup I started on and I'm sorry to say, the only pics of the process. I had started an 81 (60 is pictured) but loned my belt sander to a friend. I was in a hurry, couldn't get ahold of him and just decided to do the 60 anyway...so excuse the work.

Dsc06815.jpg

For the time being, I just left the top black layer on and installed the gold cover:

Dsc06817.jpg

Dsc06818.jpg

Then I put it in my explorer:

Dsc06822.jpg

Finally, time passed and I totally finished both with the fake pole pieces, installed into an LP Custom copy:

DSC08459.jpg

DSC08458.jpg

I'm going to be working on several others fairly soon and I will post pics or maybe a mini tutorial.

MJ

• Members

Originally posted by 4nkam

Wow, this thread really took off
:)

I replaced my EMG "covers" with some gold ones with fake pole pieces:

This is the second pickup I started on and I'm sorry to say, the only pics of the process. I had started an 81 (60 is pictured) but loned my belt sander to a friend. I was in a hurry, couldn't get ahold of him and just decided to do the 60 anyway...so excuse the work.

Dsc06815.jpg

For the time being, I just left the top black layer on and installed the gold cover:

Dsc06817.jpg
Dsc06818.jpg

Then I put it in my explorer:

Dsc06822.jpg

Finally, time passed and I totally finished both with the fake pole pieces, installed into an LP Custom copy:

DSC08459.jpg
DSC08458.jpg

I'm going to be working on several others fairly soon and I will post pics or maybe a mini tutorial.

MJ

was there much effect on the sound since the covers were on?

• Members

Originally posted by Raskolnikovs axe

I get it now - remember when GZeus had that big huge rant against compression? I guess this falls into that...boy that was funny too.

Yeah, it does.

{censored}ing the the inherent sound of something offends me.

but more what I'm talking about ere is the fact that EMG has poor business practices and hasn't done anything new in 30 years.

• Members
Originally posted by acravero

I thought the two worst things you could posess are Gibsons and EMGs?

Gibsons WITH EMGs must be the devil's own design. . .

:D

No, that would simply be a terrible sounding and playing setup that would have cost far too much money.

Archived