Epi Elitist $699 @ MF: Anyone getting one?

bendafender

• Members
Originally posted by Sparky6string

headinvice.jpg

Hehe! :thu:

For the sake of the original poster,

The epi elites were recently blown out at musicians friend for $699 (or $654 if you got the stairway discount) and there has been many many threads about various aspects of the elitests.

• Members

In all seriousness, the Epi Elitists sales has been quite the buzz around here for a month or more. If you do some searches you can find a lot of threads on this topic.

And yes, a lot of people here have taken the plunge with this deal.

It's a smokin deal for the money. The comments have been very favorable regarding the quality and tone of these guitars. For me, it was more of a question of "how many should I buy". So far I've managed to restrain myself with buying just one faded cherry model.

But people were flipping over this deal when AMS and Zzounds were selling them a few weeks back for $799.95. Now for even a hundred less, the deal is even more smokin.

Do not pass Go, do not collect $200, just pick up the phone and order one.

Here's mine:

EpiElitist002.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by bendafender

Thanks all. Like I said, I've seen a lot of traffic about elitists. I guess I'm jaded with Toteman's threads as he seems to buy in six packs, so I've ignored any mention of price until now.

Gotta pay closer attention.
:D

Oh damn.

Maybe you aren't new around here. ;)

//S

• Members

Yeah, I just had to razz you a little with my initial response knowing that others would jump in and steer you on this deal. But really, it is one of those rare blow-outs where you're getting a super low cost deal.'

These things used to sell AT DISCOUNT for around $1045.

Plus they really sound good. The MSRP is a little over $1600, so they are selling them for less than 44% of suggested retail.

One common comment is that a lot of these have been older guitars, like 2003 or so. Some have arrived with an Elitist logo and some with the older "Elite" logo (as was the case with mine). So there was apparently a back long of stock on these so they are clearing out new older stock. There is speculation that this model may be headed towards being discontinued. Although they are a very nice guitar, marketing facts are that Epiphone selling for over a thousand dollars aren't necessarily the fastest selling axe on the wall.

So this is a good opportunity to get a good quality guitar at a great price.

They're made in Japan unlike the regular Epiphone stock which is Korean made.

Now you just have to pick your color.

• Members
Originally posted by GAS Man

In all seriousness, the Epi Elitists sales has been quite the buzz around here for a month or more. If you do some searches you can find a lot of threads on this topic.

And yes, a lot of people here have taken the plunge with this deal.

Here's mine:

EpiElitist002.jpg

$654 and a free pair of shoes!

• Members

I'd be a little careful if your ordering an Elitist. When I got mine, one of the volume knobs was broken and had been glued back on. I figured it was one of those returns where someone broke the knob and decided to just glue it back on and send it back to MF. I guess MF decided to just not fix it or just didn't test or check the guitar. Another thing was that the guitar was a 2002 Elite model, so I'd be a little careful. But with their return policy you've got nothing to lose, I guess.

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

I bought 3....lol.

I hear fatwallet or ebates can get you 12% off. I don't know {censored} but am curious.

Fatwallet is real easy and its a legit site. Just go to fatwallet.com, sign up and click on the MF link to make sure they get the referal. Buy your stuff and wait 90-120 days for the rebate. You have to wait that long due to the long return window MF has. I ordered a Jackson DKMGT for $349 - $42 rebate and a Line 6 spider II for $199 - $24 rebate. There doesnt seem to be any restrictions on the rebates either.

• Members
Originally posted by mattburnside

Anybody who can say why Bbreaker should buy another guitar and NOT come off sounding like a dumbass or sycophant should probably run for president.

Well Bbreaker should buy one as he is a man who likes variance in tone and his collection includes everything from agiles to vintage Gibsons. An Elitist is unique in tone and would be a fine addition to anyone's collection.

See you in 2016. :D

Archived