sweetwater.com anyone have issues?

• Members

so I ordered a bunch of new gear from sweetwater

one peice was the RME multiface II.... but they shipped me a Multiface I... which is not even listed on their website anymore?

I do not want to send the unit back, considering I am in Canada and had enough issues getting it across the boarder once.

anyone ever experience this or anything like it with them?

not a great first impression on sweetwater

Brandon

• Members

I dont have nothing to say about sweetwater but good things, they have called me when they need to arrange something of an order i have made.

even if you decide not to return it you should call your sales engineer, if they made the mistake i am sure they will do anything to make you happy, they will send you something else, or offer you pay the return and back shipping, i dont know, they always make me feel i can trust them to be pleased with my purchase and with doing bussines with them.

I had one less than satisfactory experience with Sweetwater, but that was years ago, and when their upper management became aware of it (through a forum post in a thread similar to this one, but on GM's old forum), I was contacted, apologised to, and have been treated like a king by them ever since.

Mistakes can, and do happen at ANY and EVERY company. The good companies learn from their mistakes and take the time and effort to correct things. My experiences with Sweetwater have convinced me to put them in the "good company" category.

I buy from several different companies - not really based just on lowballing price, but I value good service and business relationships too... and also, who's got it in stock right the heck NOW also tends to come into play - I'm not always a patient man when I need something... ;):D

Anyway, Sweetwater has, with that one exception, always treated me well. :thu: My advice is similar to wooden's - call and talk to the cat who sold it to you. Do that asap. Explain the situation and your dissatisfaction, and also mention the hassle factor and your concerns over the shipping across the borders. BTW, I thought that got a LOT easier after NAFTA passed... Anyway, be fair, be honest and be reasonable. And expect the same in return. If you don't get that, ask for their manager. I really don't think it will go even that far... I would be very surprised if things didn't get handled to your satisfaction right away.

Please let us know how it turns out. :wave:

• Members

Mistakes can be made by anyone at anytime... it's how those mistakes are handled that separate the good companies from the "not so good" companies.

From all I know of Sweetwater they are an excellent firm with outstanding customer service.

I would recommend you call your salesguy there [or if you don't have a sales guy, just call their offices] and I'll bet you dollars to donuts that they'll bend over backwards to keep you a happy customer.

I've been in the "mail/internet order" thing for over 17 years... in many ways Sweetwater is a competitor of my employer. I can not praise Sweetwater's "after sale service" any higher than I am right now.

They're a good company, I'm pretty damn sure they'll make it right for you.

Peace.

• Members

I've only ever bought 1 thing from them, but it was a really good experience. I ordered online, but I called to ask a question. I didn't have a problem getting someone on the phone, and when I did he was very personable and helpful. They even threw some candy in the box when they shipped my purchase!

If that was an example of their typical service, then they are an excellant company. Give them a call and let us know what happens.

• Members

Brandon,

Sorry about this. We and are looking into it, and trying to contact you now. It will be resolved quickly and at no additional cost to you.

Phil, Fletch, Wooden, Ken, A, etc. Thanks for the input and for providing the good (correct) advice to contact us in this type of circumstance.

David Stewart

Sweetwater

• Members

I've never actually bought anything from them because every time I've talked to them on the phone I've gotten bad or incomplete information.

It may not be a fair comparison, but based on my interaction with Sweetwater's "experts" I have to say that I've found the floor salesman at Guitar Center to be more reliable sources of information.

And I wouldn't trust most of those guys any farther than I could throw them AND a Hammond B3...

_________

I will say that Dave's proactive response above is quite impressive, though. :)

• Members

Originally posted by Davoman

Brandon,

Sorry about this. We and are looking into it, and trying to contact you now. It will be resolved quickly and at no additional cost to you.

Phil, Fletch, Wooden, Ken, A, etc. Thanks for the input and for providing the good (correct) advice to contact us in this type of circumstance.

David Stewart

Sweetwater

see! :thu:

Every time i have made an order from an instructuinal DVD to an audio interface i have been treated like if my order was worth a million dolars.

• Members

Originally posted by blue2blue

Well, maybe I'll have to give SW another chance or two... But it's hard for me to believe we're talking about the same place. When someone tells me a USB audio device has "absolutely no latency" I know I'm not exactly dealing with someone who has any grip at all.

• Members

Originally posted by blue2blue

Well, maybe I'll have to give SW another chance or two... But it's hard for me to believe we're talking about the same place. When someone tells me a USB audio device has "absolutely no latency" I know I'm not exactly dealing with someone who has any grip at all.

Easy fix, request a different sales person.

• Members

He was a nice enough guy, don't get me wrong, and he tried to be quite helpful.

But, as I recall, they didn't have stock that day. I ended up buying the device from another online retailer who I've had good luck with (but who, admittedly, I wouldn't even bother asking a question of. :D )

I think these endorsements above are mightily impressive, though.

;)

• Members

i've always had a good experience with sweetwater too. sometimes they're out of stock on things, and like phil, when i need something i want it as fast as possible. i've never really asked the sales guys any questions so can't comment there, but they've been easy to deal with.

Their customer service is really good, if anything thats what can bother me about them. There is always someone calling me about a price request from online, or making sure I'm happy with my order. One time I made the mistake of filling out the comment card and they called me and left a message asking for me to call them back and have a discussion about my suggestion(s)! geez. awesome customer service, i just hate talking on the phone.

Originally posted by Davoman

Brandon,

David Stewart

Sweetwater

Thanks for responding David. :)

Brandon, give them a call when you get a chance. Based on just your screen name and first name, as well as your Canadian location and partial description of what you purchased, they might be able to track you down in their database records... but it would be much easier for them if you called and identified yourself. ;)

And again, please keep us updated. I have zero problems with people complaining on this forum about ANY retailer... I consider that valuable public service and something of relevance and interest to the forum. But I do expect fairness all the way around, and that means that if something does get resolved to your satisfaction, then it's only fair to let everyone know about that when it happens too. :)

And while I ask (insist :) ) that retailers and company reps don't come in here spamming the forum and hawking their wares, if a person directly addresses a question to said manufacturer rep or retailer, they can of course, always feel free to respond. Or if a topic and questions about a specific product is brought up, then someone from that company is always welcome to respond. :)

Again, the idea is to keep from turning this into a spam sandwich. As Fletcher recently put it, "I will not turn this (forum) into some Middle Eastern shopping bizarre". But there is plenty of value to the community in getting the info from the sources too, and as long as they are not starting the topics off and spamming us, that's always welcome around here.

PS One last word to company reps / manufacturers / retailers. When in doubt, please send me an email, drop a dime on a phone call or PM me first. Thx. :wave:

• Members

wow lots of repsonses

i actually did send my sales rep an e-mail at about the same time i made this post..

sorry if this post made it seem as if i was really pissed off... i was just curious to as how other people had been treated...

didn;t mean for this to sound so nagative towards sweetwater... like i said just wnated to see how other people were treated in a similar situation, so i knew what i was in for goin in...

although most of the day was spent playing phone tag ( i was at work ) seems like i am getting the correct interface shipped to me tomorow... and they will let me return the wrong unit when the new arrives

at least this is what i have gathered through playing phone tag :)

VERY happy customer here

oohh and Phill.... with the boarder stuff... some stuff isn;t so bad, but sometimes the duties and customs fee's can be horrrible and to fight the claim literely takes months

Brandon

• Members

I've also been quite happy with Sweetwater's service. Since nobody else seems to have mentioned it, I'd like to point out that they have great tech support. I bought my Digi 002R setup from them, and they've been very helpful whenever I run into an issue. If I'd bought the unit elsewhere, I'd be needing to pay Digi for tech support every time I have a question, but that's a whole 'nother story.

I'd recommend them on that basis alone, especially when you're buying a product that you're likely to need technical advice or support down the road.

I did run into two sales people who seemed less than fully informed on some software/computer compatibility issues, but they're both gone now. And, you'll find those everywhere. It's virtually impossible to be up to date on everything.

Sweetwater's prices aren't low, but they're not overly high either. They seem to be in the middle to high end of the street price bracket. In other words, you can often save a few $$$ by buying elsewhere, but I think good customer service is worth a few dollars.

• Members

Well, if it's the same David Stewart who used to work at Far Out Music across the river from Louisville, then he is definately a cool knowledgeable guy. I could never get him in my few Sweetwater experiences, I got the used car salesman.

It really got on my nerves that I ordered a bunch of stuff once and supposedly got 'free' items included and then got a way inflated shipping charge which more than made up for the free stuff.

This was a long time ago and maybe they've changed, but that was never solved to my satisfaction and I swore to never deal with them again. I don't suffer 'bait and switch' schemes from quota assholes.

On the other hand, Morgan at Eastcoast or Phil at Rolls are great and honest and will fix any problem no matter what in my past dealings. I'll also give the big thumbs up to Fletcher at Mercenary. My one piece of 'Mercenary edition' gear is rock solid for years now and one of my fav thangs.

• Members

The customer service thing is really important.

I've never used tech support for Sweetwater or Mercenary, but I'm confident that they're both great since their customer service is awesome. FMR also has awesome customer service/tech support. And so far, Drumagog has great customer service as well.

Having gone through really {censored}ty customer service with OWC (Other World Computing - and it was something that dragged on for 6 weeks with customer service that was several different layers of {censored}ty), I cannot tell you how important good customer service is. Even if something is a few bucks more, fork it over. You never know when there's gonna be a mistake or something breaks or whatever. It's worth it.

• Members

Originally posted by D Charles

Well, if it's the same David Stewart who used to work at Far Out Music across the river from Louisville, then he is definately a cool knowledgeable guy.

Wow. Wow! Small world, isn't it? I did work at Far-Out years ago. With as many David Stewarts as there are I'm slightly surprised you'd think of that. Strangely, there are actually two David Stewart's that worked at Far-Out. I was the first. The other one may still work there. Anyway, thanks for the kind words (I'll assume they apply to me)!

I also appreciate the kind words many of you have expressed. It really makes us feel like we're accomplishing something worthwhile when we hear those comments.

As for any other issues I think everyone can appreciate that we are human, and therefore fallible, subject to a bad day, etc. People at SW have a lot of individual autonomy to handle things (a benefit of hiring smart, responsible professionals) so let your sales person know if something's amiss and he or she will rectify it. But, in the unfortunate circumstance that doesn't work don't hesitate to elevate it to a higher authority here. The thing I love most about SW (and why I came to work here) is that there's a real dedication to doing things right that comes from the top.

Okay, that's all (don't want to hijack the thread).

David Stewart

• Members

i was going to buy some stuff from them once. i called and the customer support seemed good ( although they push whatever is their flavor of the week ) i applied for credit and got turned down, bought from someone else.. the next time i posted here i got this angry email from their salesman that i had wasted his time etc etc... after that i would not consider them for a second purchase... especially when their prices are so high

• Members

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

Again, the idea is to keep from turning this into a spam sandwich. As Fletcher recently put it, "I will not turn this (forum) into some Middle Eastern shopping bizarre".

LOL Now, that's certainly a bazaar way of putting it! ;) But, I must admit that the statement is totally appropriate nonetheless in regards to some forums, shopping-related or not. :D

Rick

• Members

Congratulations... you caught one of my intentional misspellings. It's fun to have fun with the English language especially when you know it's mostly for your own amusement [meaning you really don't have a life and need stupid {censored} to keep you from blowing your brains out]... but hey, this thread wasn't about spelling and grammar... it's about Sweetwater and customer service so let's not let this thread get hijacked and get back to our regularly scheduled pogrom.

Peace.

Archived