Sign in to follow this  
Jaggery

Where can I get copper shielding tape locally?

I never had any luck with sourcing the stuff locally. You can use metal foil and put adhesive on the back, but the main reason that I use the StewMac stuff is that even the adhesive on that stuff is a conductor. So you don't have to mess with using your own adhesive or tack-soldering the pieces together to ensure conductivity.

'Course, if anybody knows of a commonly-available substitute, I'd love to hear about it.

Check your local yellow pages for local electrical supply stores. They should have it, thats where I get mine. As well as all the switches, wires, or whatever I may need. :)

Sticky backed 12" x 12" sheets at stained glass supply merchants. ~ $4 each. 1.25" wide rolls are fouind at Ace Hardware and sold as "slug barrier".

Originally posted by Brendan

Sticky backed 12" x 12" sheets at stained glass supply merchants. ~ $4 each. 1.25" wide rolls are fouind at Ace Hardware and sold as "slug barrier".

Those 12" x 12" sheets are great for sheilding pickguards.

I struck out at Home Depot, Lowe's, Mom and Pop local hardware stores, Radio{censored}es, and real live electronics supply stores. I hit the mother lode at a local chain arts and crafts store-- Michael's (in the Mid-Atlantic). Not only do they carry foil but also copper paints in several consistencies. I am doing a P-90 Tele clone and have decided to use the paint instead of the foil on that one.

People say "Home Depot" or local electrical supply store.

I didn't find it in any store. Some of the guys didn't even know what I was talking about.

I had to order it through "stewmac.com"

Originally posted by Brendan

I have also gotten it at stained glass places. :thu: