Acoustic Room Tuning Advice

• Members

I know there are a couple of these threads floating around, but I've gone through them all and still don't understand how to "tune" my studio. I am a COMPLETE NEWBIE in recording, and I had no idea that the room could change the sound so much.

Now that I realize this, how would I go about "tuning" my room? Like I said, I don't know anything about acoustics or anything like that, so if you could pleaseeeee help me. I would be so grateful.

I am on a very tight budget at the moment (I'm 15 and I don't have a job yet :mad: ) so I was wondering if you could give me some advice on how to "tune" my room without spending too much.

I made a layout of my studio (my bedroom), so if you could tell me where to put what and how to do it, I would appreciate it soooo much.

http://i4.tinypic.com/10h92de.jpg

Thanks in advance.

• Members

Originally posted by brewen

I'm 15

Good for you!!!!!!!!! You've gotten a good grasp on the importance of acoustics early on. Eathans info is very helpful, and searching the web will yield some valuable info on very inexpensive DIY traps and diffussers.

Best of luck, it's very encouraging seeing someone your age understanding the importance of the basics.

Archived