Chip in paint on new PRS

GreenDay=poop

• Members

I ACCIDENTLY put a chip in the pain of one of my friends guitars and he's pissed so i gotta pay to get hte chip repainted or w/e. It's only like the size of a dime or maybe a little smaller. Does anyone know where he can take it to get the chip repainted or fixed and how much that should cost?

Thanks

Miller

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yea i know but i was being careful. I picked it up and put it on then the strap on the bottom fell off and i caught the neck but the bottom swung and hit teh corner of his amp. I was just standing there too, its not like i was dancing around with it! So really its not my fault since i was being careful its his freakin cheap straps fault! So yea im screwed if it cost that much

• Members

I don't know where you are from. If you lived near me, I would suggest you take it over to "The Guitar Factory" on Saturday (that's their walk in welcome day) and get an estimate. A lot of the PRS guitars use paint from DuPont and that is what will match the rest of the guitar. I'm guessing that this is going to set you back a few hundred bucks unless it is a burst or multi color job.

• Members

Originally posted by GreenDay=poop

Yea i know but i was being careful. I picked it up and put it on then the strap on the bottom fell off and i caught the neck but the bottom swung and hit teh corner of his amp. I was just standing there too, its not like i was dancing around with it! So really its not my fault since i was being careful its his freakin cheap straps fault! So yea im screwed if it cost that much

No it's your fault. If the strap broke it's his fault for buying a cheap strap. If you didn't put the strap on correctly it's user error and therefore your fault. Pay to get it correctly repaired and consider it an costly lesson.

• Members

umm it was a SE santana or something like that

You could almost buy him a new one for what a repair would cost.

I'd apologize very sincerly and maybe offer to take your friend out for a night on the town or maybe buy him a pedal he's been wanting or something like that.

But it wont be cost effective to repair a Santana SE.

• Members

umm it was a SE santana or something like that

seriosuly?

if its and SE tell him to get over it. Their only $400 and their supposed to be players guitars not babied collectors. I tihnk most of the poeple here were under the impression it was USA PRS.

• Members

Originally posted by jTreu

seriosuly?

if its and SE tell him to get over it. Their only $400 and their supposed to be players guitars not babied collectors. I tihnk most of the poeple here were under the impression it was USA PRS.

Muahahahahhahahaha

that's {censored}ing funny. Its a peice of {censored} guitar, that just happens to have the name PRS on it. Your friend is a jack ass

• Members

It is funny how this thread went from: "Holy {censored} you are so screwed!" to "LOL! That {censored} is funny, your friend's guitar is a POS!"

I think I actually felt a sigh of relief when we all found out it wasn't gonna cost him $1500 to replace the PRS.

• Members

I'd have to say to bad to your friend and tell him to f-off (in a nice way). My cheapo guitars, no problem for others to play, Have at it. If I let someone play my expensive guitar and a strap thing goes bad or its bumped -- my bad for letting someone play it, especially while standing up. I would make people play the good stuff sitting down in a chair with little or no chance of a problem.

Finally, you really can't get a fix of that size without a full re-fin. Isn't worth it.

Tell him to read my post.

EDIT!! LOL

I just read all of the thread after the first 3-4 lines. A {censored}ing SE and he is {censored}ting! Buy him a burger and tell him to get over it and that you are sorry!!! Not that the SE isn't a cool guitar, but yeah, its a players guitar and the finish isn't like some bad ass high dollar thing!! Give him a mgic marker close to the color and tell him have at it.

I'd be pissed if a $400 guitar got a big chip in it, but that's life. I sure wouldn't be telling a friend to pay to get it fixed. I think every guitar I have has a nice ding, chip, or scratch )or multiple combinations) in them. Even the ones I REALLY baby have some road wear. {censored} man, I gig the {censored} out of them! They get beat up. I buy guitars to play, not to look at! I'd be like, dude be more careful and you can't play it again, sorry!

• Members

Originally posted by SoundwaveLove

Muahahahahhahahaha

that's {censored}ing funny. Its a peice of {censored} guitar, that just happens to have the name PRS on it. Your friend is a jack ass

Santana SE's are far from a piece of {censored}. Granted they're no US PRS but they're still pretty decent guitars.

Having said that i can see the humour in this thread. I think damaging a korean santana se and damaging a US PRS are worlds apart!

• Members

If the color remains in the chip, and it's just the clear that's been removed, it can be repaired to a high level for very little money.

AFA it being an SE PRS...we all love the BEST things we have, regardless of where they 'rank' among the hierarchy of such things. If it bothers him, he should get it fixed.

Larry

• Members

dropping my beater crate guitar, dont care

dropping my friends Taylor 414ce, ouch

(dropped it 5 feet, landed on the rim of the lower bottom bout, few finish flakes and a dropped in EQ. Thank god I didnt have to pay for that and thank god the top didnt pop off.)

• Members

larryguitar sorta echoes my sentiments. For some of us, a ding on a $400 guitar would be no big deal, but I see enough threads on here asking for advice in buying inexpensive guitars. I don't know the circumstances of the owner of the guitar, but if you're a kid and have to save up quite a while for a $400 dollar guitar, then that ding is probably a pretty major deal.

Archived