Does anyone know about Typhoon brand guitars?

dragonizer

• Members

Hi, new here, I'm pretty new to electrics (and guitar playing in general) and I was just checking some out yesterday. I was originally going in to get a fender just to start out, but then I played some of em and i didn't really like the tone. Then I just tried some random brands (on the same amp, which was a fender one, I think i'll be getting that anyway) that are pretty unknown to me, and I found this Typhoon one, it sounded pretty nice to me, but I don't know if the hardware is good quality or not. In terms of sound I think I prefer it to the fenders (at least the ones I tried anyway) but I'm totally unfamiliar with the brand. I was just wondering if anyone here knows of it, and can share any thoughts with me? I think based on sound alone I'd get this, but I don't know...I can't seem to find much info on the brand online so I'm not totally sure if it's quality make.

http://www.crossroadsguitar.com/main-typhoon.html

This is all I found on it. It has a starter kit too but I tried the amp that comes with it and it sounded absolutely terrible. I'm thinking just sticking to the fender amp and gettin this guitar. ANy ideas? I just need a guit to learn on, but I don't want to end up regretting it either. THanks!

• 14 years later...
  • Members

Hey there typhoon lover!

what you have may be more valuable than you know! I’ve been around vintage equipment my whole life and recognize that these little guitars are pretty great bang for your buck.

what’s even better news is that people don’t seem to realize this yet. The Chinese were concerned with rebuilding the strat.. not cost. They could lose money and it would look good to a communist! Lol

The real reason I bothered responding though was to tell you to keep an eye out for the typhoon amps G10 with the round sound hole. They are not to be compared with the second generation G10 guitar amps. They rip! They sound great, are built better than luggage, and are easy to maintain. They go from apartment shelf unit to studio to small intimate gigs quite easily. I highly recommend your picking one up if you can.

I am in Montreal or I’d sell you my seconds one I have for parts or backup but there’s never anything wrong with my number 1. I use it and a epiphone valve junior tube amp but they both sound great for low volume stage or home recording or just plain jamming at home!!!

The round sound hole is perfect for its eight or even six inch speaker.... I don’t even know! I never had to open it! Lol

i heard they were made in China by MUSE a parent company who then lowered consumer expectations by delivering a second rate second front controlled g10. 

my little round sound hole cranks up thrrre and could even get you kicked out of a decent place! But I must say, the controls are beautiful and perfectly placed on the top of the first gen models.

good luck finding one tho... my friend payed two hundred for his. My first cost thirty and then I lost it so I paid 100 for a newer second one then found the first! Boy, am I burnt but that is a different story.

I used it to record my song BITXHES Talking on YouTube on channel DJ ONLY search with keyword Cowtrance! That and SPANK BANKS. 

I hope you check out the sounds on both.

take care

DJ ONLY

CHASE MONTGOMERY WHITFIELD 

Archived