epiphone telecaster copy?

ArrMatey

• Members

I recently came accross a telecaster copy made by Epiphone. I tried searching around the forum but wasn't very successful.

What's your take on those copies? Good or bad?

I personally was quite impressed with its quality for the price (200 euros / 130 quid)...nice playability and nice pick ups...

• Members

search for Epi strat copies - they're basically the same thing (outside of the obvious)

great shredder style necks (banana headstock, right?) - not the most exciting pickups, but adequate

the body is probably plywood, if that makes a difference to you

I've played some pretty cool Epicasters, and a few dogs - sounds like this one is pretty good :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by jjpistols

search for Epi strat copies - they're basically the same thing (outside of the obvious)

great shredder style necks (banana headstock, right?) - not the most exciting pickups, but adequate

the body is probably plywood, if that makes a difference to you

I've played some pretty cool Epicasters, and a few dogs - sounds like this one is pretty good
:thu:

Thank you for the info on plywood. That's what I was looking for. Does anyone know what their necks are made of? Rosewood or less?

I looked and couldn't find any info on the wood and I guess I'm not good at identifying the type of wood:freak:

V.C., you are right, I'll try it before I go again and see if it feels good to me.

• Members

my first guitar was actually an epi tele copy.....unfortunately, i only had it for a few months, so i can't really tell you anything about the quality b/c it was before i knew anything about guitars, really.

i was looking up some info on them yesterday, though, found out that the body is made of alder.

the model, btw, is the T-310

hope that helps.

• Members

Originally posted by FalseRevRG

my first guitar was actually an epi tele copy.....unfortunately, i only had it for a few months, so i can't really tell you anything about the quality b/c it was before i knew anything about guitars, really.

i was looking up some info on them yesterday, though, found out that the body is made of alder.

the model, btw, is the T-310

hope that helps.

solid wood huh? good to know, thanks

did you read the same about the strat copy? I've always heard they are plywood, but never saw for myself

• Members

JJ -- I think we gots some new GAS!

I really like that, gonna have to keep my eye open at the pawn shops for one, that is where I see the vast majority of Epi strats at. Never noticed a tele copy before. If I run across one, I'll pick her up and at least try it if not buy it (for the right price of course). Was planning a local pawn shop sweep this Saturday for fun anyway. The strat copies are consistant $99-$129 at most of the local pawn shops depending on condition.

• Members

I have one, it was my first guitar.

Is a really nice sounding guitar if you have a good amp. The only problem with mine is the bridge. its a bit crooked, and the low E string in the high frets (15, 16, etc) goes outside the neck. I tried slanting the saddles, but well, it isn't great. The other problem, after a while the high e string began to have a strange buzz, not fret buzz, its from the saddle. It sounds like i'm playing a sitar, and it loses all its sustain.

Other than that the guitar is quite good. Mine cost me like 150 dollars

• 13 years later...
  • Members

I've owned an Epiphone Tele for years.  Korean made, and the quality is very good.  Not so easy to find one these days as they were a 90's model, and long gone in the line up.  If I had one con for the guitar, it's heavy, really heavy.  Great if you're sitting, but standing you will feel it's weight pretty soon.  You find them come up for sale now and then, and in decent shape for around $200 usd, but you'll search for awhile as they don't appear often.

36 minutes ago, LJBJr said:

I've owned an Epiphone Tele for years.  Korean made, and the quality is very good.  Not so easy to find one these days as they were a 90's model, and long gone in the line up.  If I had one con for the guitar, it's heavy, really heavy. 

To be fair, so are a lot of Fender Telecasters. I’ve played a few that were very heavy.

Good info in your post.

BTW, welcome to HC! :wave: 

Archived