Question about Antares auto tune.

• Members

Originally posted by where02190

What a crock of {censored}. It takes your untalented out of tune voice and using a {censored}ing machine makes you frigg'n sound like you actually got talent.

Here I got this nice Ferrari body on a Yugo, gimme $100,000 and it's yours.

If you can't sing, either learn or get the {censored} off the stage.

I'm starting to think you have no experience with this particular piece of gear. Can you tell me what your hands on experience is with it?

• Members

What a crock of {censored}. It takes your untalented out of tune voice and using a {censored}ing machine makes you frigg'n sound like you actually got talent.

And i'm beginning to think you have an anger management problem...

• Members

I'm sorry you feel that way.

You don't get it and that's fine. There's lots of you on this message board.

• Members

Originally posted by fastplant

Yeah, I'm not sure why this needs to be a fight. We can have differing opinions without raising the level to 10.

Auto tune must work really well to piss the guy off THAT much.

Quite the endorsement!

• Members

I just can't imagine myself, after spending hours and hours tracking drums, bass, guitars and whatever else - pushing the TB button, looking through the glass, and saying "YOU CAN'T SING WORTH A {censored} YOU WORTHLESS {censored} - GET THE {censored} OUT OF MY BOOTH AND DONT COME BACK UNTIL YOU CAN HOLD A GODAMN NOTE".

But back on topic. I've tried a hardware unit (though just for recording) and after a couple days of noodling around with it came to the conclusion that I would never get it set to sound natural. Of course live is a different story - and if you can sing within reason I can see getting it to sound 'natural' enough to fool 99% of the crowd. Throw in a little ambient noise and a half dozen beers and the other 1% probably wouldn't care either....

And if you are primarily a backup singer I would say it should sound great.

I use the software version quite a bit and while I use it judiciously on just a word here or there, I still have the singer punch spots that are obviously not going to tune-up clean.

• Members

O.K. dude. I'll kick the one dude who is a bit sharp because of stage volume out of the {censored}ing band. Lord knows I want to be mother{censored}ing honest in my music.

Hey...give me a goddamn break with your {censored}ty ass attitude.

You must be really breaking new ground over there with your open mind and all.

Good luck with that big {censored}in head of yours.

• Members

Originally posted by jchas

if you can sing within reason I can see getting it to sound 'natural' enough to fool 99% of the crowd. Throw in a little ambient noise and a half dozen beers and the other 1% probably wouldn't care either....

And if you are primarily a backup singer I would say it should sound great.

You're right, if you can sing on key already, it's unnoticeable. It just fixes those few errant notes here and there. I don't think that's selling out. It you set the damn thing so that your spoken word sounds like Steve Perry, then yes, that's going too far. That 1% you're talking about is noticeable maybe to someone who's been using an autotune live for some time. It doesn't sound anything like what you hear on pop radio where they have it cranked because they don't want to spend more than an hour in the studio with some hot chick who's really selling albums because of her body.

Archived