Has anybody seen this before? Yamaha EGV103

Sheik Yerbouti

• Members

Okay, I was browsing around Yamaha's site after looking at the Pacifica thread (I'm really looking for a new guitar) and I came across this bizzare looking guitar that I'm really starting to love.

EGV103_Main.jpg

Does anybody know where I can find myself one of these? Music123 and Musiciansfriend have nothing like it.

Any experience with them?

• Members

Well I take that back -- this looks to be a cheapo model re-introduction of the old SVG series that has been not available in the states for several years(since like 2000-01 me thinks). They used to come in two models, both excellent guitars. This new one looks to be more stratish:

1. SVG 300

yamaha_sgv_300.jpg

2. SVG 800

268638.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Sheik Yerbouti

Yeah, unfortunately the only way they are being sold is in kits.

Anybody know of any funky surf-styled guitars for the budget-minded?

Unless, of course, you'd pick up that pawnshop prize and ship it to me, curseoftruth.
:)

Well its the yellow SGV 103 like in my post. . Was going for $229 plus tax. Great shape.

I can drive by this week and see if its still there. Only like a mile from my house.

• Members

it`s the Takeshi Teraauchi model...sorry...called the Terry and Blue Jean model, number TBJ-CST, and sells for.....wait for it... 819,000 yen...thats $6990.oo US at todays rate.

Regular members of this site...and maybe even a few of the irregular members, if you catch my drift... know just how much I love my Yamahas but I would NOT pay even close to that much for one of those guitars, or any guitar come to think of it. Maybe in another life time eh.

Archived