J.J. Pistols is going to get a nice Agile Strat now!!

jhall

• Members

I took a little more time with that ST-1000 I was whining about and got it very good. It sounds sharp and snappy now!!

I had to take the neck off and shim it to change the neck angle so the saddles could be raised quite a bit. After this it changed the angle the strings exited the saddles and got rid of virtually all of the tone sapping ( it was my last niggle with this guitar after extensive work and I still feel that you shouldn't need to shim the neck on any mass produced guitar due to modern manufacturing methods).

Now Mr. pidtols: You won't need to be cannibilizing this guitar as it is now a Great guitar!! It still frets out just a touch bending the high e at the 15th fret but it doesn't show op too much now.

I took it out for a last spin at my studio the other day and put it through my DRRI vol at 4.5 and had a Bad Monkey between the two. The guitar sounded awsome then some. Excellent cleand then stunning SRV or mabye KWS or Gary Moore "ish" sound

The neck is just a tad "baseball batty" but that is a personal niggle and isn't relevent to my complaint.

Enjoy Mr. Pistols you are going to get a great guitar!!

• Members

I don't get it, gave guitar away because all the tweaking in the world did not help it and was tired of screwing with it. Before shipping it worked on it again, now it is great ! I am not trying to be a ass I just don't understand the whole point of this.

• Members

No Biggie. I just thought to give it one last try before sending it off. It worked and I'm sending it off to keep my word. I have plenty of guitars and one loss isn't going to dent my collection too deeply. In fact it'll clear a space on my personal guitar wall. I have two Strats that I love and just don't see the Agile getting a lot of playing time. So to be a man of my word off it goes.

• Members

Originally posted by jhall

No Biggie. I just thought to give it one last try before sending it off. It worked and I'm sending it off to keep my word. I have plenty of guitars and one loss isn't going to dent my collection too deeply. In fact it'll clear a space on my personal guitar wall. I have two Strats that I love and just don't see the Agile getting a lot of playing time. So to be a man of my word off it goes.

Man, I can't believe this {censored}! Is there anyone else out there that hates Agiles so bad they are ready to give one away? I asked first and you heard it here. I'm just sayin'.:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by jhall

I took a little more time with that ST-1000 I was whining about and got it very good. It sounds sharp and snappy now!!

I had to take the neck off and shim it to change the neck angle so the saddles could be raised quite a bit. After this it changed the angle the strings exited the saddles and got rid of virtually all of the tone sapping ( it was my last niggle with this guitar after extensive work and I still feel that you shouldn't need to shim the neck on any mass produced guitar due to modern manufacturing methods).

Now Mr. pidtols: You won't need to be cannibilizing this guitar as it is now a Great guitar!! It still frets out just a touch bending the high e at the 15th fret but it doesn't show op too much now.

I took it out for a last spin at my studio the other day and put it through my DRRI vol at 4.5 and had a Bad Monkey between the two. The guitar sounded awsome then some. Excellent cleand then stunning SRV or mabye KWS or Gary Moore "ish" sound

The neck is just a tad "baseball batty" but that is a personal niggle and isn't relevent to my complaint.

Enjoy Mr. Pistols you are going to get a great guitar!!

Well...good job lying about this "dog" of yours. Suddenly, before it ends up in someones elses hands...it's a great player...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Archived