All time best fender amp?

deva_da_man

• Members

100_0016.jpg

Originally posted by One-armed Alec

That's an enviable collection!

Is the deluxe reverb a reissue? How does it compare with the silverface?

Cheers.

No it's actually a 72' that I had fully Blackfaced inside an out. It really is an awsome amp. Thanks for the compliment.It sounded a little thinner and brighter when it had the silverface circuitry, now it sounds warmer and more balanced in the overall tone spectrum.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by skipstar59

No it's actually a 72' that I had fully Blackfaced inside an out. It really is an awsome amp.

Cool. It looks to be in very good condition. Did you have it re-tolexed too?

I was gigging my little DRRI tonight. Love that amp.

Have you experimented much with different tubes in your deluxe reverb?

• Members

DRRI is hard to beat!!

I have a 1972 Dual Showman Reverb, two 1966 Bassmans, a 1974 Vibro Champ, a '76 Vibro Champ, A green board Hot Rod Deluxe, a cream Board Blues Jr. with a Reverend Alltone speaker and the Billm mods, a 1969 bassman (dreaded AC568 circut but to me it sounds amazing), A Pro jr, and a TRRI. All are excellent.

If I could only have one of these amps, It'd have to be the DRRI.

it gives me the best of everything Fender has to offer.

I love them all but in a pinch......

• Members

Well i've never had the pleasure to play through any real vintages so i don't suppose my opinion will mean much.

My vote goes for the/my ;) pro tubes concert 112. The gain channel is admittedly {censored}e but that is to be expected. The clean channel gives the sweetest most diverse tone i've ever heard. You can really hear then full span of the guitar. If the venue permits turning the clean channel up to about 5 will produce a lovely bit of crunch that again still retains all the bueaty of the clean channel/the guitar. Put a good overdrive infornt of it and turn it down a touch and it's even better:love:

• Members

Originally posted by pallas

I had the chance to get one of these for under a $100:cry: I was painfully close but late:mad:

That's what both of mine cost. I would never spend the money most places want now ($350 for a non-trem SF Champ? no way). They are great amps, but not magical.

Now, after my big post supposrting the BF/SF Fenders for being the ones to buy for the signature "Fender Tone," I will state this is the greatest amp Leo designed.

72_lp_1.jpg

But is sounds far more Marshall than Fender.

-Y.

• 15 years later...
  • Members

1966 fender princeton with a gz34 rectifier tube from the factory !!! I believe they were built on a different chassis AA764 ,the lag in the gz34 gives this amp killer tone !!! These amps go for up to 10 k if you can find one !!!!!!!

• Members

I don't know, but the best one I ever played was a hot rodded Twin Reverb. You had to be in the next room but it still sounded great.

The only Fender I have now is a Princeton reissue. I'm planning on selling because my Benson is better.

Archived