acoustic midi triggers

• Members

the expensive root is 700dollars of gear, alternative is to use a freplug-in to convert the audio peaks into midi commands to trigger drum samples. Sounds easy enough but if theirs double kick pedal the mike has less peeks and more of a boomer bassy signle is their any mics that will isolate really fast peeks much like a gate or good miking technics to achieve this? its cheap to upgrade my inputs and mics than the midi setup i have been doing this with my floppy kick tracks its really good

• Members

Weeman,

software based program Drumagog may help you. As far as external gear, your settings of trigger source, threshold, double trigger cancellation, sensitivity, etc.... will make the difference. Depending on your module, actual triggers (ie. DDrum)may track better than going with Mic's to trigger. If using audio to trigger, a decent gate that will help. Of course when velocity of hits change, there goes your settings. Fast double bass off of a single drum will be a challenge and can take a lot of time to get right.

It may be easier to tune the drum and practice with mic placement and achieve your sound based on the acoustic characteristics of the drum.

good luck.

Rocksalad

Archived