soundtracs 16-8-16

http://www.candisc.com/ranger/manuals2.htm

Looks like these folks sell them, or copies of them. I have never done business with them, so I can't say if they're easy to deal with or not.

Sorry, but that was the only thing I could find. :( Maybe you'll get lucky and find someone with that board and / or a spare manual, but I would think that might be a long shot. :(

Good luck with your search! :wave:

• Members

hey thanks a lot phil...seems like its a good start for my search...also got in touch with soundtracks guys during the weekend so hope to get an answer from them asap...btw still dont have the mixer but its gonna cost me really cheap and its near mint - heard it at the guy selling it and really liked the sound of it... seems it has a sound of its own colouring the productions... i would like your opinion about this if you ever had the time to listen to this really vintage mixer i think it comes from 1984...

cheers

Panos

I have not spent lot of quality time on Soundtracs boards, so I'm not really the guy to ask regarding how that board sounds... but they have always had a pretty decent reputation, and the few I've used sounded pretty good. I have no idea what they sell for these days, but if you like the sound and it's in good operating condition (caps and maintenance is always a potential issue to consider when purchasing any used console), then by all means... :):thu:

• Members

Contact Magalnik Steve, Soundtracs US rep (mag212@comcast.net). He's a great guy, and if they have a manual around for it, he'll get you one. At worst case he can get you a copy of the schematics, which all their old console manuals came with.

We have a Soundtracs Solologic, and absolutely love it. What model is the one you're getting? Nice pres, well built. PSU's can be finiky if you don't maintian the caps, but otherwise ours has been rock solid for 6+yrs after purchasing used.

Archived