FYI, I will be at NAMM Starting tomorrow...anything you would like me to look at?

daddymack

• Moderators

Through the nice folks at MF, I was lucky enough to wangle a 'buyers pass' to NAMM this year...so I think I will have access to a lot more than I used to with an exhibitor's pass.

So...let me know if you want literature or anything...I will see what I can do. (samples may be tricky... ;) )

• Members

saw it...the price tag is really ridiculous...plus, it still says Behringer on it...
;)

I thought the price tag was reasonable, I just have a hard time getting past the name. I'd like to think that the Midas factor might change that, but that's pretty much uncharted territory at this point. I heard they had it under glass. Sounds like they got the lights and display to work for the show, but it may not be funtional just yet. Thanks for looking.

• Moderators

I did stop in at Jaguar, very nice amps, well thought out designs...the day I was there I spoke with Will, I would have asked for Henry had I seen this prior... :thu:

There were actually two boutique amp booths that caught my attention, Jaguar was one, the other was Mad Professor...again, well thought out, hand wired amps, made in Finland.

• Moderators
I thought the price tag was reasonable, I just have a hard time getting past the name. I'd like to think that the Midas factor might change that, but that's pretty much uncharted territory at this point. I heard they had it under glass. Sounds like they got the lights and display to work for the show, but it may not be funtional just yet. Thanks for looking.

With a list price of, what...$2500? So the street price is in the 1200 range, and there were similar (not quite the exact feature package, but reasonably close) units with street prices under that...they may have a problem competing. The Music Group should have released that unit under their Midas label, rather than Behringer, IMHO, as it would have had a bit more credibility.

Archived