opinions on the best Asian guitars

SPONGEBOB

• Members

Not a flame baiter here.. I would like to know what everyone thinks about the many different cheap Asian brands.. some feel no difference, some say they are all made in the same place.. Some say there are HUGE differences..

I don't know really,but I have played/owned bunches of them... I like the Korean PRS and Turser guitars lately, but I know there are DOZENS of others.. I used to like Agiles, but after playing them for awhile, I just saw them as "generic".. I actually liked my SX guitars better... more mojo...

No flames please, just seriously debating this... If you have played /owned a BUNCH of oriental guitars, you must have drawn some conclusions as to which ones were the most consistent in workmanship, feel and tone... bob

• Members

It depends on the company that's importing them. They control what a guitar costs to make. The factory will be as good or as bad as the money merits.

My experience:

Eastwood - Good

Squier (some) - Iffy

Epiphone - High End good, low end crappy

I have never owned an Agile or an SX, but that will be mentioned in the next 35 posts.

Originally posted by onbongos

the input jack on asian guitars seems to hold onto my plug more snugly, i don't why that is

:rolleyes:

Gotta luv a tight one!:thu:

In seriousness, I agree. There are terrific guitars coming out of Asia. I love my PRS SE EG and My Tradition Jerry Reid Pro as examples. (Korea, I think)

PRSSEEG.jpg

trad03.jpg

• Members

hmmm..this is too damn easy...best asian guitars?? hmm well I love my Butterscotch Telecaster,,,made in China and..I love my PRS soapbar 2 made in Korea!! Both outstanding axes a steal for what I paid for em...and this is coming from a person who used to say Ill never buy a foreign guitar!!! FACT!! used to say that alot!! Used to have a nice big ol Chevy Truck now Ive got a more reliable Nissan,,used to have an old Harley 77 sportster now have a 2002 Suzuki Marauder...my point is,I used to believe we,the US made the best of everthing,,,just aint so ANYMORE!! I stress anymore!!

• Members

I thought the PRS Soapbar SE I played was just great.

Of the numerous 335-type guitars I've played, I like the Vantage 635 best. Mine appears to be the exact same body as an Epi Dot, minus the finish flaws and crappy fret work of either the Epi or the Hamer Echotone. Also, the neck is maple and not as rounded - It's a thin neck. Thinner than my "real" ES 335. I like that. Many would like something chunkier. The Vantage - being a lesser known 335 copy - is a lot more guitar and sells used for a lot less than most.

There may be less consistency among the Korean guitars, I don't know. The three Vantages I've played were all great and had a consistently solid feel and playability to them.

• Members

Originally posted by ChihliDog

Personally, I am completely and absolutely in love with my korean-made Schecter. IMO, they are the absolute best value on the market for the features and quality available for the price.

t7xx75.jpg

:love:

That is sexy! I've always thought Schecter's were gorgeous, except for the few that are even too over the top for me.

• Members

Originally posted by dysfunction

:love:
That is sexy! I've always thought Schecter's were gorgeous, except for the few that are even too over the top for me.

Thanks, man. I seriously love this thing more and more the longer I have it.

600 bucks out the door for that top, full mahogany body, set neck with PERFECT heel, beautiful fit and finish, coil taps, grover tuners, tone pros bridge,awesome feel, great sound.

Admittedly, I show it off every chanve I get, as Ive NEVER played anything that could even some CLOSE to everything this guitar has (including that elusive MOJO) for ANYWHERE NEAR the price. Honestly. I have played numerous Gibsons and PRS guitars. I wont knock them at all, but for my money, Schecter gives me everything they can offer for a fraction of the price.

EDIT:This heel is incredible:

t7z9lj.jpg

• Members

These Korean guitars have been flying under the radar and are exceptionally solid, well worth the money and you wont see a bunch of them out there. Check out Michael Kelly Guitars and Raven West. Very nice stuff.

100_0365.jpg' alt='>'>

100_0363.jpg' alt='>'>

Archived